Questions ,New year events for UK servers & players!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Questions ,New year events for UK servers & players!

so yeah after long discussion with my friends/game friends we have decided to do this...first of all this part is meant to GM and developers Entwell/Gamforge i know you guys are going to read this and i know you guys(developers) have a nostale forum's account so dont avoid us!we know as we have seen it on old forum and stuff that's the proof we have played for so long(definitly this wont be the only proof)... our first question give us an exact date for UK merge...we dont mind if it was only 1 server at a time rather than waiting for a long time and merge alot of server into 1 server which is not really worth it as we are speaking right now the players continue to decrease...Please answer us By 30 Dec 2017..most of us have been lied 2nd-3rd time...so just give us a yes or no is it that hard for a merge?most of my friends came from nos global once shutdown they moved to rs which shut down again while some straight away came to UK server...that's what i meant by they have been lied 3rd/2nd time...cause in global none of the gm really do reply us i heard it happen in rs server as well...so yah after 30 of dec if there will be no reply i think most of us are gonna quit nostale as we dont want to play in ghastly server ...i still trusted u guys developers that's why i dont want to say the server is dead but till today no action done for us i guess us as a players got to take action soon(not to boycot or anything but we are tired of waiting) as some of us still spend 1-2hrs for the ghastly server so if it's still taking too long to merge i guess it's about time to tell us...the reason why there are deadline so we can move to other games which may give out reward during newyear eve...i know nostale staff may have real life to do gathering and stuff but us players need time too to gather as players and united that's why most of us have spend our newyear in nos in the past years...if players can do it why can't the staff?we also have a real life but we managed to find time for our virtual friends and strangers instead

2nd question are we allowed to discuss or recommending other games in forum?idk i saw a few post from forum and it seems the player wasnt warned..?if that rules is invalid now then okay...

last but not least...for UK players on 31 dec 2017 Newyear eve we plan to have own event host by players... i hope you guys can online and celebrate with us putting up fireworks and stuff...well on 23.00 pm CET i hope to see alot of players gather at nosville spawn spot...if there are a few i guess we will cancelled it....since this maybe the last for some players who are quiting for good after trusting GF for so long...yah anyway goodluck to US server too in future..

let me specify more clearly for Newyear eve event:
      Venue:nosville spawning spot(around it)
      Time:23.00 CET(game time)
      Event:fireworks,wishing newyears and well being for players and stuff and yeah hope the families can all gather and have a family photoshoot or ally family photoshoot or such XD.....
      will be more appriciated if there are gms around...
      and if you guys have a good idea about what other event there is just post it here...first we need to get UK player back for a while though XD

btw not sure if im able to participate due to timezone difference in asia cause it's gonna be monday here XD..so i will try my best to come online!let's hope it's a sucess
      and yeah i forgot to mention it but US players welcome to joined us if u guys want create a mule and deleted it once it's over...the more the merrier..so there might be a controversy all this past months let's all just have a cease of it and yah since it's newyear let's have a happy time together :)

**EDITED again*** XD appriciated there will be no rage/hatters in the comment you gonna post..

The post was edited 8 times, last by invisibleman ().

• All I can say about the merge is that it's not going to happen anytime soon, at least not until US players agree for the merge and become ''powerful enough'' to fit in with the players that would merge from UK. This is IF the merge is to happen at all. All we can do for now is just hope and wait for a reply from the devs, which we'll probably never get~.

Apart from that I'm looking forward to the New year's eve event. I hope people show up ^^

The post was edited 1 time, last by cooldee1111 ().

• A merge is not currently happening, so there is no way you will get a date.

Odds are we will not receive any information on a merge until one is actually happening. They arent going to tell us a server merge isn't happening only for a few months/years down the road to turn around and say they are doing one. So for them, its better not to say anything.
    • what most of us meant is that we dont mind if we did not merge with US server there are other nostale server is on the same state as us too.so what we expect is that maybe we could at least merge with those server 1 at the time..no need to be whole ghastly server merge together at 1 maintenance..at least we are able to see they are showing effort for us...we have been waiting for an enough time for a server to merge i know it will be unfair to compare with other game that does server merge...but yah if they kept us waiting andd in the end they decided to say "thank you for supporting us all this years" what are you gonna do with the time you spend on ghastly server?that's why we are trying to rushing them and if they cant do it just said so and we will stop here...that way we will also felt abit at ease right...?

if they does a merge right and given exact date we may consider staying till than...if it was not fulfilled than yah i guess we it's time to let go of it...the reason why we are doing this is not anything special first it's to boost their work speed to fulfilled players expectation it will be pressuring them that's why i was saying merge 1 server at the time (for eg:next maintenance UK will merge with 1 other server then after that the next 2 maintenance did the same again and so on)...i know they have to keep updating nosmall and stuff...but if you gonna throw in happy hours and stuff it took lesser time than doing merging right?

i know those devs have an account in forum but since the new forum released i feel they have only see our post but nvr really reply them like they used to do on old forum...
      if it was too much burden for them to do so just said the word we are not forcing...and yah we can decided to move to other game or continue on US or maybe playing their other products...saying nothing doesn't solve anything which made losing more player and in the end the project of server merging will be cancel...or saying "we are still making improvement to those server "wont help much cause they could leisurely took their time and do their own stuff while us players got to spend 1-2 hours afk in town to make it seems the game is still alive...i know we are doing in our own accord but if let's say a new players who just join nos and choose an UK server wont you think they will either forced on going to US server due to our circumstances or worse they may even uninstalled it?

The post was edited 5 times, last by invisibleman ().

• Aside from the fact that almost everyone (Gameforge staff) are off to holidays they really do not read our forum, so even if they did read the forum you picked a really wrong period to give them a deadline.
      Yes they have an account but having an account does not mean they see the forum. (Also Gameforge is not the developer so they are not really developers technically)

Global server was not hosted by Gameforge so not much to be said here.

I don't think anyone should spend new year eve inside a game - any game for that matter. Either way it does fall within each person's choice same way as I don't kick you all from the server to be with your families you can't really "force" anyone user or staff to be online during major holidays either.

Officially Lady Sky already answered this and this is all we have, now if you wish to play another game till one day the merge happens that is up to you again we can't really stop you. It is unfortunate but it is what it is I guess.

You can talk about other games as long as they are owned by Gameforge, if not then you can't really talk about it.
    • well they could only answered us so we can like hold their words if it's true or not...cause we have been trying make post here and there since the released on US server and what do we get other than new update which really dont benefitted us?..i mean i dont mind if they does that at the same time replying us at least we could feel their presence still care about this server/other ghastly server...

but GF also like responsible for like things that are going on ingame right?

o.o idk Global server was not by GF all this time i thought it was as they have similar logo?

ya im not really forcing staff to be ingame during that period of time...as i used to celebrate it ingame with nos fammates/friends and strangers virtually and in real life too.but in our current position it's pretty hard to get rid like basically i would called it a custom...yes we do celebrate in real life after that cause you can only celebrate it for only few mins in game world and it came like once a year...see this xmas too we used to have like merry xmas in speaker and stuff summon vessel but this year none..well wishing one player can make oneself happy isn't that true?

what Lady Sky answered us is indeed helpful but remember it's not all that you guys/GM know they even kept you in the dark when making up US server..so there may be a hidden news they might have
      kept..

thanks Morgoth for your reply..but yah i think once they quitted i think it's pretty hard to get back in this game that's why i was still like trying to persuade most ppl not quitting the server...
      let's just waited for new year eve event then will see if alot of ppl show up i think that may changed the players mindset too about one sided game..i guess entwell should really reply us soon...dont mind the deadline given if they are really gonna left at least the rest of the players that are still in may know about the exact date...at least ya could you guys persuade them to reply at least 1 of those post/making new thread to ease us from this dark feeling..XD
    • it's not there are no plans...it's they are working on it dude check ladysky post...so what we want is that how far they have progress by now they should able to at least merge 1 server...
      there's a thread on spoiler or server's dying i forgot there lady sky do state they are doing it though it's not gonna be easy or something similar...
      please before posting anything and saying no plans and stuff check other thread before saying that.. because it's like you guys dont bother checking all other comments as you guys already have fun on other side doesnt mean you can keep saying no plan and not aggreeing with us ...and btw im asking developers and others so players comment dont really concern me anymore no matter what players post they cant do to help us at all...that's what i was saying it's only directed to devs and gms

The post was edited 3 times, last by invisibleman ().

• Lady Sky wrote:

Don't worry, for the time being I can assure you that there are absolutely no plans to shut down the UK server. It's been 10 years of NosTale in Europe, and hopefully we will be playing plenty more!
      The game just went on Steam, which also meant the start of several new servers. This project took quite a bit of technical effort and now we also need some time to check the impact it had on the servers (new and old). Other communities are also asking for server merges and the NosTale team is not at all opposed to that idea, on the contrary, it's something that could happen (but that it's not an easy or fast project). The population will be monitored and from our side we will insist on your concern about it and will let you know as soon as there are any news about this topic.
      This is what was posted, it does NOT say there are any plans to do a merge. All it says is that they aren't opposed to the idea.

Again, they'll let us know if and when any plans to do a server merge are actually made.

By the way, I don't play on the US server. Just because I'm opposed to forcing a merge onto an unwilling server doesn't mean I'm opposed to a merge in general, but regardless a merge is not currently being implemented. As such there is no news to give you.

I thought I was pretty good at reading through threads, but it isn't like I've never missed anything. If I have missed something feel free to inform me, and I'll try to be more observant but I haven't seen anything to suggest my post's irrelevance.
    • cooldee1111 wrote:

All I can say about the merge is that it's not going to happen anytime soon, at least not until US players agree for the merge and become ''powerful enough'' to fit in with the players that would merge from UK. This is IF the merge is to happen at all. All we can do for now is just hope and wait for a reply from the devs, which we'll probably never get~.

Apart from that I'm looking forward to the New year's eve event. I hope people show up ^^
      "Not until US players agree" Xdddddddddddddd do you really think that gameforge cares that much about your opinions? Xdddddddddddddd they'll do what gives them the most profit xdddd
    • if they meant by the monitoring and stuff that means they already have planned it out about merging right?...ya i've told you guys countless times that it doesnt really have to be US SERVER! dont let me keep repeating myself...
      and btw ya this thread feels like going on wrong direction again the first few paragraphs is for the GM above to answer us if the players keep answering us there will be no end to this conflict..and ya there's new thread already made for that if you guys want to discuss it this thread is merely for the one responsible for it...

and the events dont forget bout it...

and yah morgoth do reply us already but that cant really provide us anything as developers may kept the lower ranks in the dark...

so yah please say no more for server merging and anything if you are players all we need is the higher ups to reply about it..even if player object or anything it will somehow make it worse as there's saying words may be more powerful than actions..those words you guys typing may drive the players to quit as well
    • The Only option for UK server to merge with is US server,unless they merge the clients togheter and it dosen't seem likely at all.
      My opinion is to start anew in the US server,everything is perfect here(almost),the prices are cheap for everything.The community is huge and majority friendly and the activity is abundent.
      Also i beileve the chances to upgrade items are higher too then the UK server. :D
      Play here for a while,you might enjoy it and get used to it,until the server will meet UK standards and the merge will finally begin.
      Also you and the rest of the players that want a merge must UNDERSTAND that you can't merge with an unwiling server,i understand your anger but you must see the problem from different perspectives,it will be very unfair to US population if such thing will ever happen.
      Just move to Cylloan or leave the game is all i can say,why ruining a good server once it was created.

Say what you feel,it's not being rude.It's being real.
    • darn it am i speaking alien language or what?nostale have several servers other than UK and US dont assume us want to merge with unwilling server zzzz...i know US dont want merge with us than that's it we wont prolong anymore of those conversation but other server out there that are on same state with us willing to have server merge...that's the reason most of those threads created..man am i clear enough to explain it?if not im speachless

and yah if you really do suggest us moving to US we might do but only until if they gave us the word that there will be no merge...that's if the leftover player still willing to trust the developers...until then i guess we wont..

please let this be the last of merging discussion*/comments i meant **edited part*** instead pls suggest what to do on newyear eve please

The post was edited 1 time, last by invisibleman ().

• invisibleman wrote:

if they meant by the monitoring and stuff that means they already have planned it out about merging right?...ya i've told you guys countless times that it doesnt really have to be US SERVER! dont let me keep repeating myself...
      and btw ya this thread feels like going on wrong direction again the first few paragraphs is for the GM above to answer us if the players keep answering us there will be no end to this conflict..and ya there's new thread already made for that if you guys want to discuss it this thread is merely for the one responsible for it...

and the events dont forget bout it...

and yah morgoth do reply us already but that cant really provide us anything as developers may kept the lower ranks in the dark...

so yah please say no more for server merging and anything if you are players all we need is the higher ups to reply about it..even if player object or anything it will somehow make it worse as there's saying words may be more powerful than actions..those words you guys typing may drive the players to quit as well
      Monitoring population levels after the introduction of new servers does not mean they are already planning a server merge.

You really need to take official posts at face value. If a server merge reaches the planned stage they'll let us know.(as stated in the quote)

Therefore, it can be assumed that since we have NOT been told any new information on this topic, a server merge is NOT currently underway/has not been planned. This of course doesn't mean it will never happen, but there still isn't any new information to give you.

Keep in mind that if they are merely discussing a merge or making theoretical plans(trying to see what would be possible) they would be unable to give an official announcement as they wouldn't be able to say with any form of certainty that a merge will even happen at that point. They'll only let us know when it is officially going to happen.(in which case I'm sure they'd happily announce it seeing as there would be little reason to think the news would be ill received by the community)
    • well if what you are saying is true..than the main point of this thread allow them to reply us themselves it's not like a player can get infos other than forum,irc or really close with devs/GMs...here they could tell us how much they have progress so far and stuff...
      and as i've been saying earlier even if devs have planned it they wont even tell gm..tell me im right...cause after nos go on steam some gm is not even aware about new server until someone really posted it..so as what i can see it's like the higher rank doesnt really want the lower rank to know about everything.that's why we really asking either gm who are like really well informed of it or the devs themselves to reply us..

as what i meant that we knew monitoring population which is also considered as planning already isnt that true?if they really have no plan at all why should they bother to montior it in first place?and no matter how long they monitor the player isnt going to increase anyway..other server who already on the same state as us earlier why cant they monitor it before ours happened?

nvm im too lazy to discuss anymore i just need the answers from GM and above that's what will decide whether we should stay or not for the tomorrow

as most of my friends have really made up their mind ...what really made us blew over is that there are several thread have been created since US realeased but only the GM trying to calm us down...at least if devs really care they should come on here and apologize for inconvinience cause or something...the reason they are unable to do so is busy?may i know on what?improving noswheel or the servers itself?

im not gonna post anything anymore for this thread until the devs and higher ups really do reply and if i do post it may only be related to upcoming events...

and btw for the events right i think you guys should do Happy new year wording with firewoods XD with fireworks around it or on the sides....

The post was edited 2 times, last by invisibleman ().

• Tears for a Salt Land.
      Echhh...still blamin us, still old classic rodeo.
      At this point Uk is like a Ex to me. It was fun but...nty.
      And i am not sure why they should apologize, they have rights to spend time with family.
      I am sure it's lonely without freekills in arena.
      Don't you think there's reason why "whole server" moved to US?
      Just sayin.

And for the end.
      If server is dying, die with some dignity.
      i want yogurt
    • since when did i blame US server?please dont spark a fire here man...if you really saw i do blame US Server pls quote down the word and i will explain to you what i meant by that.

and im not forcing anyone to online during newyear...it's their own free will to join those events man...and if you meant for devs to reply on forum what's so hard just to open a forum and read it right before newyear ?in this technology age dont tell me they dont have any spare date just to open nostale website on the smartphone?that is if they really do care if dont then meh...most of them(players) dont care anymore after tomorrow..

you really do play in UK serv ???please do post up your pic if you do :)

and the rest of your questions is friggin unrelated to my topic dude...there's alot of factors player move and stuff which have been discuss on other thread please open wide your eyes and read them

yah if you keep on commenting on every UK server problem with the intention of trying to make ppl argue and debate bout it pls dont do it here as i only waiting for devs and gm reply...cheers happy newyear to you bakugo..btw i really do wish you guys goodluck in your server not with any ill intention...after most of them left this newyear what else can we wish for if not for goodluck?

Btw im quite happy XD im keep seeing you on user online list every reply/no reply of these post...haha
    • Aard wrote:

cooldee1111 wrote:

All I can say about the merge is that it's not going to happen anytime soon, at least not until US players agree for the merge and become ''powerful enough'' to fit in with the players that would merge from UK. This is IF the merge is to happen at all. All we can do for now is just hope and wait for a reply from the devs, which we'll probably never get~.

"Not until US players agree" Xdddddddddddddd do you really think that gameforge cares that much about your opinions? Xdddddddddddddd they'll do what gives them the most profit xdddd
      Can't disagree with that.