About our sad future PART.2

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• nice to hear that announcement but XD the timing is like the most important above all...as it could be like years from now by than we dont really know what will happen(like if players be back from US to UK or all UK will play on US as the remaining survivors is like pretty countable from act 1 to 5(the best i could visit) it's great to know that project(which most players have anticipated)but the length of making it..yah as i said earlier from what i read they are going to merge alot of server at 1 go..so it's better that merge 1 serv at a time thought it took like daily maintenance but worth it as players can see the changes.?
  • they mentioned that its on their priorities for 2018 meaning we will see more info about it. tbh, in my time playing nos, whenever the team has announced gf deciding on a company goal, they've always done it. so im hopeful for a merge within 2018. i guess we should start a poll for possible servers to merge and such?
  • Morgoth wrote:

Gonna leave this here as well: Project for 2018
    @Morgoth DUDE THIS IS THE BEST ANSWER U HAVE DONE IN LAST YEARS OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG, U DID MY DAMN *beep* DAY BRUH , OMG , OMG YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, YESS !!! Thanks alot man !

Luxx: Please mind your language
    It's me the "greedy" UK fighter

Hi.I'm UrCandy<3 or Stefan , nice to meet you !

"People will pay for their behavior at the right time" ^^
    Haters gonna hate =)
  • The "Project for 2018" is a waste of time imo; if it is the case that the potential server merge it speaks of is for US and any other server. I believe that US is too new and thriving in its current state to mess with. It is its own happy world doing just fine, and merging it with an older server like UK (the hot topic) would simply cause all the players that transferred from UK to revert to their old characters (assuming the logistics of server account merging would allow it somehow). The older server (UK for this example) would simply swallow the new one up and all the work people invested would feel for naught. Granted that is probably how the old UK players feel about their UK accounts, but that point is mute because they are still playable. Anyone can go back to that server and play any time they like and they choose not to because all the players on US. The new server has brought back many old players because of the appeal of a fresh start and community. Those players would undoubtedly leave again if the merge between these two servers occurred and after all the work making that merge happen would result only in a revival of the UK server to its pre-US launch state - accomplishing nothing for the current community who are still playing the game regardless of the project. If you are a person pushing for a UK revival: go play on UK. if it's dead: that's because the community has deemed it to be so.

Now if the project refers to merging similarly empty and old servers such as the polish ones mentioned earlier in this thread and UK and the like... I don't see why not. The players that are uninterested in playing the new young US server are all suffering equally and in similar situations with regard to their economies and general player strength and aptitude. The biggest issue that I can see these players having is an inability to play with others. We could have one or a few very old servers merged to keep populations up, and a young US server left to itself. Both worlds would be happy. I'd like to believe this is what the plan is or something much better I haven't thought of here.

I'm not great at expressing my thoughts clearly, but conclusively I believe leaving the US server alone is the most important contingency for overall game health and player retention. Hopefully I wasted a lot of time writing this out for no reason.
  • Although, I do have a question about the merge. Since this is primarily focused on merging multiple dead servers, that means the resulting server will just be a big one but still dead. I'm just a bit worried about a scenario where the merge doesn't really help out. Please do correct me if it's an incorrect assumption. :)
  • @Cooldee111 i think so too if we estimated all the players on dead server i think will probably around 100- unless the other dead servers players decided to comeback as well..
    @SilentCrow well are you really sure and 100% brought back alot of dead players?XD you really kidding me ?it's like only 1% of those dead players are back the rest are converter i could see...if you really came from steam try search for nostale section and read all those comments from the dead old players...2nd thing this thing you mentioned

" Granted that is probably how the old UK players feel about their UK accounts, but that point is mute because they are still playable. Anyone can go back to that server and play any time they like and they choose not to because all the players on US. The new server has brought back many old players because of the appeal of a fresh start and community. Those players would undoubtedly leave again if the merge between these two servers occurred and after all the work making that merge happen would result only in a revival of the UK server to its pre-US launch state - accomplishing nothing for the current community who are still playing the game regardless of the project."

it's not we choose not to play dude if you took psychology field the majority affect the minorities..do you see what i mean?starting of US ya quite good after few months GF didnt really does anything most UK players can probably see it's not worth to play on the serv anymore and decided to convert to US(basically no choice as other nos serv are dead anyway)even if you left US as it is the players would leave and no one can prevented that..the moment you bring up this conversation..it have alot of contradictions to i wont state all as it may out off topic..but try do some research on them through steam,google(any blog),or try other server thread..
  • Aard wrote:

Pinkamena wrote:

As long as it merges with another server then US one then is ok.
    Hahahahaha i hope you get cancer soon
    Acttualy no,you shouldn't wish something like that to anyone,not as a joke,nor for something so trivial like my opinion.
    ~All the things she said ~
    ~All the things she said~
    ~Running through my head~
    ~Running through my head~

The post was edited 1 time, last by Pinkamena ().

• Tbh, Idk what to feel with this merge thing. In a way, its ok (because I got decent characters in uk) but at the same time its not because I already started fresh in US and its a good thing because everything is so young, active and new. Ofc, both sides of opinion are understandable (UK or US). It would be unfair to US players to be merge with UK and thats sad.

So intead of a merge, why not create a new unified server wherein players (regardless of server) can play together, atleast they have the choice if they want or not play in it. It would be okay for both sides i think. No merge needed, everybody happy :)

PS. Just my opinion

G-enetically M0-diFied Bad boi from the C0-smos
  • Baal wrote:

Tbh, Idk what to feel with this merge thing. In a way, its ok (because I got decent characters in uk) but at the same time its not because I already started fresh in US and its a good thing because everything is so young, active and new. Ofc, both sides of opinion are understandable (UK or US). It would be unfair to US players to be merge with UK and thats sad.

So intead of a merge, why not create a new unified server wherein players (regardless of server) can play together, atleast they have the choice if they want or not play in it. It would be okay for both sides i think. No merge needed, everybody happy :)

PS. Just my opinion
    The point of the merge is for the players to keep on playing with their UK characters which they put alot of time in, sadly it's pointless because the server is dead. The merge is supposed to fix that by increasing the population. I'm saying the '' unified '' server would be pointless with the assumption that we need to start of fresh again :P