Nostale Advent Raffle

• since when im saying i want to hog all those prizes?if you really search in google about coding game and stuff between server they will teach you how even for beginner like me...what i meant by random is first they sort out for eg players from uk and us first then secondly let the system do all the work...so by letting the system work they could program it like first choosing US player/Uk player or they let it choose randomly based on percentage like for eg they set the % at 30% uk player while 70% us the chance of uk players got involved is pretty slim.the reason im able to said this for last weeks i've done research on it tons of it im not sure is hoax or what but if you think about it properly it's possible to make everything done...if they really care for the players...not only update for noswheel and new items but for the events as well...im not sure even if they read this by now they will stay be able to make it only 6 days left until last advent calender(rarest reward)/reprogram it even if you notice that after few days answering the correct answer they havent really told us the correct answer...and yah i think first time of nostale years there's a realeased of wrong answers as well the soldiers in tart area

btw are you really joking?how are we supposed to get the goodies(raffle reward)when you guys are currently overpopulating the server?i feels like if the reason you are like againts this kind of idea you guys have a good chance to win them...?

yes naerys XD previous year they did like that as well only this year they changed the procedure..though that was being said the question is extremely hard for some for eg they asking act 5 or 6 qn to those players who havent even pass act 3 or 4 lel...
    • They did it so us and UK are in the same raffle, I'd assume this means the RNG doesn't differentiate between the 2 at all. This means each individual has the same chance to win.

Since US has a higher population there is a smaller chance of a UK player winning, thus is irrelevant to fairness though. An individual UK player would have the same chance to win as an individual US player. It isn't about which server wins, only individuals.

It does however affect the economies of the servers, which is why I would personally prefer to have it 2 separate raffles, regardless on an individual level it is fair.
    • Naerys wrote:

I still remember those early calendars,where only 20 ppl could get reward and they were chosen randomly, there were ppl who could get 3-4 rewards from whole event and ppl like me who never won anything. It is NOT fair,i absolutely hate this way of choosing winners...
      And the way the UK and US servers are mixed together is kinda bad too,i think servers should be separated....Lately whole Nos Calendar is pretty bad,boring and annoying thing with dumb questions and even worse rewards. I dont get how some1 can still bother himself with this,its completely waste of ur time

Sorry for the "hate" but its my opinion
      I actually preferred those ones, sure you'd rarely get a prize but at least then if you won it was something with some real value. Now everything is toned down to adjust for everyone being a winner, and there is very little value to any of the prizes.
    • Ruff wrote:

Since US has a higher population there is a smaller chance of a UK player winning,
      That's it. If for example 30 UK players were competing for 20 prizes while 200 US players compete for another 20 prizes it wouldn't be considered fair I guess. The other solution would be something like "if UK participants are 10% they get 10% of the prizes" - but in the end this isn't much different to the system we have now. There is just so much participants and that is visible here after all.

And if we didn't have any of the bonus prizes there would be none or there would be a different system (like the first one we had years ago where you only won something if you got the answer right and were chosen randomly). The system this year isn't that complicated regarding those who ever fill something wrong in once either.

When you're sad and no one knows it,
      I'll send you Black Roses...
    • Ruff wrote:

Naerys wrote:

I still remember those early calendars,where only 20 ppl could get reward and they were chosen randomly, there were ppl who could get 3-4 rewards from whole event and ppl like me who never won anything. It is NOT fair,i absolutely hate this way of choosing winners...
      And the way the UK and US servers are mixed together is kinda bad too,i think servers should be separated....Lately whole Nos Calendar is pretty bad,boring and annoying thing with dumb questions and even worse rewards. I dont get how some1 can still bother himself with this,its completely waste of ur time

Sorry for the "hate" but its my opinion
      I actually preferred those ones, sure you'd rarely get a prize but at least then if you won it was something with some real value. Now everything is toned down to adjust for everyone being a winner, and there is very little value to any of the prizes.
      Well i never won anything then so there was nothing to value at all, thats what was angering me at that time - some ppl could get x rewards and me not even once...

Bittersweet: Well,i do not consider this system fair at all,why should be winners picked from 2 servers? Why dont you pick 20 winners from ALL servers,then? Same logic.
      Idk I always hated this event,its so annoying thingy,especially when 90% of questions is weird and boring...In the end this year i dont really bother myself with this...

I wouldnt mind if next year there will be no Calendar, i cant say i´d miss it.
    • Bittersweet wrote:

That's it. If for example 30 UK players were competing for 20 prizes while 200 US players compete for another 20 prizes it wouldn't be considered fair I guess.
      I'm not sure if I'm interpreting correctly, are you saying it wouldn't be fair if they had separate raffles? Because UK having a smaller population would make higher odds for their individual players to get a prize? The "another 20 prizes" leads me to interpret it that way but I feel like I'm reading it wrong...

(Edit: I'm almost positive you meant to say "the same 20 prizes", as opposed to "another 20 prizes", bit I don't want to assume)

I don't think separate raffles would be unfair myself, considering the 2 servers don't need to be compared to each other. Currently both servers entered in the same raffle, which is the only reason they are competing against each other in the first place(directly affects what enters each community's economy). If they were separate raffles however, it'd be the same as the polish or German servers having their own raffles; nothing to do with our personal server.

If they must share the same raffle prizes though, it is best to do it the way it is now so each individual player has the same odds(even if UK server ends up getting nothing added to their economy). Doing anything else makes the individuals odds uneven, which are the only odds that really matter in this type of gamble.
    • Well compared to DE it's indeed easier here to receive items since they have to compete with entire 5 servers. And yeah I was referring to additional 20 prizes (like 40 instead of 20 of the same kind).
      Considering the EN servers I guess that 20 prizes as a bonus reward from time to time are an ok amount as well as the distribution.

When you're sad and no one knows it,
      I'll send you Black Roses...