Nostale Advent Raffle

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • darkness-metal wrote:

      yea but really do u need to have 20 players in forum from UK for the raffle? as people don't need to access forum for this advent calendar.
      even tho why not 10 UK/10 US
      On a serious note most likely it's because they don't want users who have accounts in both servers to abuse it and win 2 times. From what I understood forum accounts are not needed for this advent or raffle so it would easily be abused.

      Depends on what the prize is though.
    • Morgoth wrote:

      darkness-metal wrote:

      yea but really do u need to have 20 players in forum from UK for the raffle? as people don't need to access forum for this advent calendar.
      even tho why not 10 UK/10 US
      On a serious note most likely it's because they don't want users who have accounts in both servers to abuse it and win 2 times. From what I understood forum accounts are not needed for this advent or raffle so it would easily be abused.
      Depends on what the prize is though.
      The only reason why I don't see a point to enforce it for such a reason, is because similarly a player can have accounts here as well as in polish server, German server etc and participate in all their forum events as well. If items were tradable between servers (actually tradable, so the items themselves switch servers) then you'd definitely have to have things in place to prevent people abusing it but that isn't the case here. As is, it only makes it very unlikely that either server will have 20 prize winners adding items to their economy.

      I don't really care either way myself, I just don't quite understand the reasoning.

      Maybe they just want the servers to feel like a single community? And you know, share?
    • Morgoth wrote:

      darkness-metal wrote:

      yea but really do u need to have 20 players in forum from UK for the raffle? as people don't need to access forum for this advent calendar.
      even tho why not 10 UK/10 US
      On a serious note most likely it's because they don't want users who have accounts in both servers to abuse it and win 2 times. From what I understood forum accounts are not needed for this advent or raffle so it would easily be abused.
      Depends on what the prize is though.
      still there droptab in the answer page as you pick which server UK or US so only can pick one and same for email as well only one email to one account. this would stop people using 2 account for advent raffle

      Want a Siggy? Private message me Must provide a screenshot
    • Anyway I guess it is RNG, but, 2 years ago, there was a raffle on the forum for nosdollar coupons, people often won 2 times, due to RNG, while others didnt .
      I don't rly care about winning anymore anyway. Most items listed, I either already have or do not feel the urge to obtain it.

      Btw a bit offtopic, but: you should mention if the raffled item is limited or not.
    • i do really feel that gf really sided with most populated server...ya i can see they choose random winners lel but no matter how i see for the past 3(you could say good rewards)in the advent so far only the most is 3 ppl chosen for uk player will see next extra rewards how many ppl have been chosen again if by the end of it it still the same that means gf dont really give an attention to any dying serv?
    • invisibleman wrote:

      i do really feel that gf really sided with most populated server...ya i can see they choose random winners lel but no matter how i see for the past 3(you could say good rewards)in the advent so far only the most is 3 ppl chosen for uk player will see next extra rewards how many ppl have been chosen again if by the end of it it still the same that means gf dont really give an attention to any dying serv?
      Of course. xD
      The reward is given at random. So if there are, say, 100 people participating from UK and 10.000 from US, then of course there will be more from US to get a price, just because when giving it at random, the chances are much higher to give it to a US player.
      They get not chosen by the team, that would be highly unfair, they get randomly picked (I don't even know if the crew can influence that or if they have it automated).
      So please don't blame the team for basic statistics...
    • Bemte wrote:

      invisibleman wrote:

      i do really feel that gf really sided with most populated server...ya i can see they choose random winners lel but no matter how i see for the past 3(you could say good rewards)in the advent so far only the most is 3 ppl chosen for uk player will see next extra rewards how many ppl have been chosen again if by the end of it it still the same that means gf dont really give an attention to any dying serv?
      Of course. xDThe reward is given at random. So if there are, say, 100 people participating from UK and 10.000 from US, then of course there will be more from US to get a price, just because when giving it at random, the chances are much higher to give it to a US player.
      They get not chosen by the team, that would be highly unfair, they get randomly picked (I don't even know if the crew can influence that or if they have it automated).
      So please don't blame the team for basic statistics...
      Indeed. You may know there's for example a random script for php - which chooses players randomly out of a database. It's like that here as well. Therefore it's simply like that due to more participants from Cylloan.

      sexier than Morgoth
    • i do aware all of it...well if we do have 100 players participate why not limit them to 100 too the rest disqualified and so those 200 left can be chosen normally?
      *XD trying out brainless idea*
      dont you think it's pretty unfair for most of us to play more than 3 years some of us like me did not even get 1 rare pet(vampie/boing/others)while the new server only less than 1 year and they have gotten rare pet?up to this point the good rewards(2nd reward)still can be tollerate as the rare pet havent been released until last day like previous years...
    • i dont mean i must get it there's ppl in uk server who also have played that long and with no rare pet while some just played for 1 years the least...so i mean increase the rate of our server rate...i know it was chosen in radom in coding and stuff but what i think is that the coding between both server is different there must be a labelling on it(i've did some reaserch on it)so it's not all mixed up unless they are lazy to sort it out...and when you say every player has the same chance to win that goes only for US server man it's overpopulating the whole EN serv and we the UK have to take up the trash that was dropped by the US server?like the population,raid and stuff..while clearly our uk server is the one being here first...(let's forget who is being here first)but please be fair..?currently choosing at random thing you mention is clearly unfair...they should sort it out the data between UK and US server and then they choose it randomly...instead of mixing all up and let the system do it randomly which created a lower chances for UK players to win anything at all
    • Bemte wrote:

      invisibleman wrote:

      dont you think it's pretty unfair for most of us to play more than 3 years
      No, it would be unfair if you would get something just for playing that long.As we already saw, every player has the same chance to win; and that is the only way how it could be fair.
      I still remember those early calendars,where only 20 ppl could get reward and they were chosen randomly, there were ppl who could get 3-4 rewards from whole event and ppl like me who never won anything. It is NOT fair,i absolutely hate this way of choosing winners...

      And the way the UK and US servers are mixed together is kinda bad too,i think servers should be separated....Lately whole Nos Calendar is pretty bad,boring and annoying thing with dumb questions and even worse rewards. I dont get how some1 can still bother himself with this,its completely waste of ur time

      Sorry for the "hate" but its my opinion
    • Bemte wrote:

      Do you have an idea how to choose winners that is more fair than choosing at random? Of course fair to everyone, so "just give me all the prizes" is not fair...
      Last year rewards were for everyone, quality of reward was equal to a number of correct answers. Besides this year you atleast get any reward for sure if ur answer is correct,but as i said,there were years winners were chosen only,and that was pretty bad.