Uk old players

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Uk old players

      Its dissapointing to see that UK server wont get merged with US server. Ive played nos for 9 years and put allot effort in my account. If they wont get merged, is there any chance to atleast transfer items over from UK to US? Atm UK is so inactive that its just not fun anymore. We are unable to do any raids which is a main thing on high lvl. Sure alot people got alot diffrent opinions about UK and US servers.. but I personally think that fusing them together or being able to transfer items could solve some discussion that people got about the servers. I don’t say to transfer characters and make it like on UK server but at least have a chance to transfer some of your stuff that you worked hard to get. Character we can lvl but some items are unique. In fact new server is good for new players joining nostale but when the old server dies you gain and lose players. Some of the people just don’t want to lose their progress. Many of my fam member/friends quited nostale and more are thinking about it. This message is from CyberWlosekxD and ~*sweety*~ from UK server
      ~Death-Legion~ awaits
    • No, just no.

      The reason why US is so active right now is that players are not fully equipped yet. You can find so many players to do raids because everyone needs the stuff from said raids.
      Why should I join any raid if I already have my R7+9 equipment with op shell? Why should I ever bother to do, say, Laurena raids if I already have the SP?
      If you just get all your stuff over to US, it would turn US into UK 2.0 sooner or later.

      I can understand about unique items, that's a shame, but it is a price one has to pay to keep the giant amounts of gold and high items out of the US market.
    • I can only agree to Bemte, moving items is not possible it would unbalance the US server - and it would be unfair to new players.
      But there are a lot of threads regarding the state of the UK server, telling the same things over and over again.

      sexier than Bittersweet
      piss me off and I’ll make the Death Star explosion look like a fire cracker

    • I don't completely understand the want for a merge. When players from other servers came to our forums and asked if it was OK for them to play on our server we said yes. Other server's players were always welcome.

      Now a bunch of UK players decided to join a different server and we have people acting as if this is unacceptable.... Every individual player can play on whichever server they choose, that is how it has always been.

      I disagree on merge or close being the only solutions to the UK server. There is nothing wrong with continuing to allow people to play there(no close necessary). Closing the server wouldn't help anyone, it just forces UK players to stop playing on UK.(I mean, it might help Game forge on a financial level, but it certainly doesn't help players)
    • I hate all these conversations knowing that nothing can be done for UK server, me and many others don't see a reason to play it anymore because Gameforge choose to sit tight and watch it die, all of my friends have quit and we're not going to US server either if you catch my drift. Tired of Gameforge after we lost years of progress, only for US server and its inhabitants to act like an invasive species that aren't the slightest bit fond of the only server that once was UK server.
    • Ruff wrote:

      I don't completely understand the want for a merge. When players from other servers came to our forums and asked if it was OK for them to play on our server we said yes. Other server's players were always welcome.

      Now a bunch of UK players decided to join a different server and we have people acting as if this is unacceptable.... Every individual player can play on whichever server they choose, that is how it has always been.

      I disagree on merge or close being the only solutions to the UK server. There is nothing wrong with continuing to allow people to play there(no close necessary). Closing the server wouldn't help anyone, it just forces UK players to stop playing on UK.(I mean, it might help Game forge on a financial level, but it certainly doesn't help players)
      I myslef am a player that "migrated" from the spanish server to the unigted kingdom one, i came here because i was fed up with the spanish community and wanted something new, know new ppl etc, but at the end of the day it was all my choice.
      The problem i see with your point is that you can't compare someone that migrated from one server to another one one year ago or so with someone that simply doesn't want to migrate to another server but he is forced to do so cause the one he is playing on is dead and the company that killed it responsable of the game (a game in which we have spent a lot of time and money) won't give us any other solution than: grow a pair and start over.
      And yeah, ofc we can stay and play in uk but when you don't have enough olayers to fill a jelly raid...

      At the end of the day gameforge is an enterprise and they know it's all about the business, they don't give a f*** about users, all they care is about money. And i'm sorry to spoil things off but they opened new servers not because like this new steam players could start in a fresh ambient but because like this they could make more profit since a new server means filling nb with iteams almost necessaries to advance through the game.
    • Ruff wrote:

      I don't completely understand the want for a merge. When players from other servers came to our forums and asked if it was OK for them to play on our server we said yes. Other server's players were always welcome.

      Now a bunch of UK players decided to join a different server and we have people acting as if this is unacceptable.... Every individual player can play on whichever server they choose, that is how it has always been.

      I disagree on merge or close being the only solutions to the UK server. There is nothing wrong with continuing to allow people to play there(no close necessary). Closing the server wouldn't help anyone, it just forces UK players to stop playing on UK.(I mean, it might help Game forge on a financial level, but it certainly doesn't help players)
      There is litteraly abosuletly no point on keeping the UK server,in the peakest hour the server have slithly below 100 players,most are fam with alts and no nosmallers aka no guys to pay the bills.
      That "bunch of players" are above 50% of the UK playerbase,The situation was bad as before i agree,BUT NOT THAT BAD AS IT IS NOW.
      Even if mandatory items were found to a bigger price,you could atleast find them and the price was somehow affordable,now the bazar have empty spots and the prices are outrageous,c'mon 250k a speaker,in july 2017 it was 60-70k.
      There is no point of keeping the server,it serve absolutely no use to the Gameforge and they can't get any profit from it,letting the small number of players stay in the UK server aka doing nothing won't solve anything,nobody will join the UK server and the remaining players will eventually leave as the time pass,therefore we must do something about it,not now ofc,but a solution must be taken into the account for the future,the most 2 rational solutions is either merge the servers when the US server will reach UK standards or simply close the UK server to help Gameforge financially like you said.
      I just hate when people act like nothing is happening and give advices to let it go,when the problem is as obvious as it could be.

      Say what you feel,it's not being rude.It's being real.
    • Aard wrote:

      Ruff wrote:

      I don't completely understand the want for a merge. When players from other servers came to our forums and asked if it was OK for them to play on our server we said yes. Other server's players were always welcome.

      Now a bunch of UK players decided to join a different server and we have people acting as if this is unacceptable.... Every individual player can play on whichever server they choose, that is how it has always been.

      I disagree on merge or close being the only solutions to the UK server. There is nothing wrong with continuing to allow people to play there(no close necessary). Closing the server wouldn't help anyone, it just forces UK players to stop playing on UK.(I mean, it might help Game forge on a financial level, but it certainly doesn't help players)
      I myslef am a player that "migrated" from the spanish server to the unigted kingdom one, i came here because i was fed up with the spanish community and wanted something new, know new ppl etc, but at the end of the day it was all my choice.The problem i see with your point is that you can't compare someone that migrated from one server to another one one year ago or so with someone that simply doesn't want to migrate to another server but he is forced to do so cause the one he is playing on is dead and the company that killed it responsable of the game (a game in which we have spent a lot of time and money) won't give us any other solution than: grow a pair and start over.
      And yeah, ofc we can stay and play in uk but when you don't have enough olayers to fill a jelly raid...

      At the end of the day gameforge is an enterprise and they know it's all about the business, they don't give a f*** about users, all they care is about money. And i'm sorry to spoil things off but they opened new servers not because like this new steam players could start in a fresh ambient but because like this they could make more profit since a new server means filling nb with iteams almost necessaries to advance through the game.
      The thing is, people aren't forced to migrate because of a dead server. Look at why the server is dead in the first place. Many say it was because a lot of people left to join the US server. That is the exact same thing people such as yourself did joining UK. There is nothing wrong with starting to play on a different server instead. Creating a new server in general does nothing to kill a server, only people no longer playing on it or it being closed do that. If people stop playing on UK to play elsewhere, it isn't because they are forced to it is because they want to.

      Look at it this way, was the very first player who stopped playing on UK and started playing on US forced to do so? No one else had left UK yet, so the US server had 0 impact on the UK server at that point. There is literally no substance to such an argument.

      Now, what about the 2nd player who left UK and started playing on US. Were they forced to do so? No! When you yourself migrated to our server, did it force players from the previous server you played on to all switch servers as well?

      Players choose where to play as individuals, whether they are influenced by others or not. If people feel they are forced to switch, it is because the player base on the other server simply seems far more appealing than their current server. That doesn't mean a new server killed UK, nor does it mean anyone is forced to switch. All it means is more people wanted to play on the US server than the UK server.

      The fact that enough people wanted to migrate in the first place, before people started migrated and others felt 'forced' to do so means a new server was actually a good thing. All those players who joined because they wanted to play on a new server should have the opportunity to make that choice. Just like you had the opportunity to migrate to the UK server.
    • Pinkamena wrote:

      Ruff wrote:

      I don't completely understand the want for a merge. When players from other servers came to our forums and asked if it was OK for them to play on our server we said yes. Other server's players were always welcome.

      Now a bunch of UK players decided to join a different server and we have people acting as if this is unacceptable.... Every individual player can play on whichever server they choose, that is how it has always been.

      I disagree on merge or close being the only solutions to the UK server. There is nothing wrong with continuing to allow people to play there(no close necessary). Closing the server wouldn't help anyone, it just forces UK players to stop playing on UK.(I mean, it might help Game forge on a financial level, but it certainly doesn't help players)
      There is litteraly abosuletly no point on keeping the UK server,in the peakest hour the server have slithly below 100 players,most are fam with alts and no nosmallers aka no guys to pay the bills.That "bunch of players" are above 50% of the UK playerbase,The situation was bad as before i agree,BUT NOT THAT BAD AS IT IS NOW.
      Even if mandatory items were found to a bigger price,you could atleast find them and the price was somehow affordable,now the bazar have empty spots and the prices are outrageous,c'mon 250k a speaker,in july 2017 it was 60-70k.
      There is no point of keeping the server,it serve absolutely no use to the Gameforge and they can't get any profit from it,letting the small number of players stay in the UK server aka doing nothing won't solve anything,nobody will join the UK server and the remaining players will eventually leave as the time pass,therefore we must do something about it,not now ofc,but a solution must be taken into the account for the future,the most 2 rational solutions is either merge the servers when the US server will reach UK standards or simply close the UK server to help Gameforge financially like you said.
      I just hate when people act like nothing is happening and give advices to let it go,when the problem is as obvious as it could be.
      Ok... If they choose to close due to financial reasons where maintaining the server simply costs more than it is making them then that is up to them. However, I see no reason to prematurely close it. Regardless of how bad its state may seem, if someone wants to play there it isn't hurting anyone else to let them. If you choose to stop playing there yourself, that is your decision. Not closing the server isn't going to force you to play or even keep tabs on it.

      However, closing it early because a majority decide it isn't worth their time.... Some people DO still play there... Even if just 20 people played on the server and it had entire days where no one is on because those 20 people are working or on holiday, as long as the company doesn't feel like shutting it down leaving it running certainly isn't hurting anybody. Those 20 people still get to have their fun.

      I just don't understand advocating to shut it down.... Leaving it running certainly isn't going to cause any financial strain on yourself. If it is causing problems for the company they'll shut it down themselves with no concern about our opinions, so there simply is no need for such advocation.

      A merge is different, but 1 server advocating for a merge with another unwilling server is wrong. If the UK and the polish server both wanted to merge with each other for instance, that would be something to advocate for. But if the UK wanted to merge with the Polish server, and they didn't want to merge, forcing it on them is wrong...
    • Ruff wrote:

      Pinkamena wrote:

      Ruff wrote:

      I don't completely understand the want for a merge. When players from other servers came to our forums and asked if it was OK for them to play on our server we said yes. Other server's players were always welcome.

      Now a bunch of UK players decided to join a different server and we have people acting as if this is unacceptable.... Every individual player can play on whichever server they choose, that is how it has always been.

      I disagree on merge or close being the only solutions to the UK server. There is nothing wrong with continuing to allow people to play there(no close necessary). Closing the server wouldn't help anyone, it just forces UK players to stop playing on UK.(I mean, it might help Game forge on a financial level, but it certainly doesn't help players)
      the most 2 rational solutions is either merge the servers when the US server will reach UK standards

      A merge is different, but 1 server advocating for a merge with another unwilling server is wrong. If the UK and the polish server both wanted to merge with each other for instance, that would be something to advocate for. But if the UK wanted to merge with the Polish server, and they didn't want to merge, forcing it on them is wrong...
      The US server is going to end up like the UK server,now because im not a seer,i can't tell you exactly when,but since every month the nos$ grows by 10 we can assume smewhere at the end of 2018,beggining of 2019,having a merge then can be a solution(if the UK will have any players left inside of course),and i won't see any reason for US players to oppose a merge in the FUTURE(because for some reason you didnt notice that i said a merge in the distant future somehow).
      I can understand better lately why the US players didn't wanted us in the first place,but generalizing is stupid.Me and many others don't care about controling the market and so on,maybe some of the UK server will do,but thats inevitable.There's nothing they can do to stop them so why insult and generalize us at all ?
      In my oppinion all these people that wanted a new server,wanted it for nostalgia,starting all over won't really give you that feeling,they may say so but its hard to believe them.
      The feeling when you start playing a game for the first time is unique,recreating it is just impossibile.

      Say what you feel,it's not being rude.It's being real.