people soloing 80+ ic in ch2-5

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• people soloing 80+ ic in ch2-5

It discourages new players from playing & is an unfair advantage since players can solo 80+ IC and make ~5m per IC.

my suggestion is to make IC ch1 only and assign characters to each IC evenly & completely randomly (it is not completely random currently)
    • Id rather not... As is you can not truly solo(I believe there must be 3 characters at least or it won't even start) but regardless if Ch1 is too full it makes separate instances. I for one have been caught in such an instance, alone, and was completely unable to do IC at all because of it (it didn't even start). This would be a more common result for people in ch1 if it were the only available channel and usually it is the most reliable for people who aren't trying to do a faux private IC.

There is nothing preventing you from joining an IC instance that isn't in ch1 if you really want to, so I don't see a problem with others choosing to do so.... If the problem is with people trying to establish it as their personal territory, personally I don't mind invading anyone's self proclaimed territory. They can't truly do anything about it. Though I wouldn't expect it to be a successful IC either.

If what you are suggesting is that IC is channel independent and all channels use the same IC instances, it runs back into the first problem. If what you mean by "assign characters to each IC evenly" is to make multiple IC instances where each instance has the same amount of people, then you are just forcing people into low population ICs....(so if 1 IC wasn't enough as it would be full, it splits them into 2 equally populated IC? Cutting the players down to less reliable numbers) That also prevents friends from doing IC together...
    • It is very much possible (and not difficult) for one person to bring 3 of their own characters (or 3 people who split the loot) into IC and solo it. By soloing IC, I don't mean winning it -- I mean surviving to pick up all the loot.

People ARE doing this currently, and the few who know how to do it correctly profit a lot from it: 90 Angel's Feather, 30 Full Moon, ~500 Huge Recovery Potion, 30 of each Attack/Defense/Energy Potion, and 2 million gold

--------------------

Seeing as how IC is capped at 30 people, I would imagine that there would be at least 3 instances of IC at any given time, especially if all channels were instanced together.

The minimum number of people that would ever be in one IC would be 15 (unless less than 15 characters in the server enter). If this were the case, players would make up the 90k lost from losing with extra loot.

However, most often there would be at least 20 per IC:

PLAYERS WHO ENTERPLAYERS PER IC
      3115-16
      6120-21
      9122-23
      10526-27
      12124-25
      15125-26
      etc...> 25

If IC were capped at 35, rather than 30, there would consistently be ~30 players per IC

20 players is easily enough to regularly beat IC (even factoring in AFKers) in the UK server, and it soon will be in the US server. As it is currently, channel 1 IC is not consistently won, anyway.

--------------------

Realistically, Gameforge probably won't bother to make a change like this, but it's worth putting the idea out there...

But... such a change would cause WoA/Enhance Pot/VBE prices to inflate, so more people would probably nosmall those items (in other words, Gameforge would profit off this :) )
    • So, the only 'problem' is some people doing it without other people helping them? I don't really get that, people do FC and SP raids like that too... It isn't really that different. I suppose you could say people doing that inflate Woa, FM, VBE prices some but the same people would also loot a lot in ch1 IC....

Personally I can't loot in IC due to a mixture of latency and not being able to use my keyboard and touchpad at the same time (can't pick up and walk at the same time) so less people to fight over loot instead of not winning the IC isn't helpful for me.....

You should just be happy they can't go invis anymore in IC. THAT was bad.

If you really want that to change, you mise as well just ask them to stop allowing using multiple accounts at the same time.
    • There will always be unfair advantages. A person who can spend $1000 on noscash has an unfair advantage against a young player with no money. It seems like you only care about advantages that you don't have. Your numbers for the IC loot are wrong. I assume they are inflated in attempt to try and persuade readers into sharing your salty viewpoint. You can be upset that someone who has 3 or more Lv80+ characters is able to make large amounts of money much faster than you, but if it wasn't IC it would be something else. You aren't solving anyone's problem by proposing this "solution". You're just trying to cut down players who were more creative or probably flat out better than you.
    • 1 User earning a lot from an IC or solo'ing isn't really a problem as there was never a rule to how much could be looted and by who in the first place, I understand that you want things to be more fair as IC is competitive but 1 user making a good earning in the game doesn't necessarily affect you or anyone else, think of it in this way, if 10 users do an ic and get 10 woa each, what's the difference of having 1 player accumulate 100 woa, the fact is that the items have been distributed the same way and doesn't affect the economy in any way. If all 10 users sell their woa, or that 1 user sells 100 woa, the same result happens.
      A better example of this is rarities of items in raids, Kertos boots are super rare but that is based on the fact of how many boxes are accumulated per raid.
      If a team of 15 users do 10 Kertos raids, that's 150 Kertos Boxes that could potentially have a rare item inside, each player will only have 10 boxes but the point is that 150 boxes were just earned and possibly opened and not the fact that each player would have 10 boxes.
      So if 1 user had even 14 alts and did x10 raids, the only difference would be who is opening them and that is not what the game is bothered about.
      If a Nosmaller can spend $1000 on a game to make profit then that's up to the game developers as I'm sure they priorities profits over everything else, so having ways players can obtain gold without Nosmalling shouldn't be such a bad thing in my eyes.
      There's already so little that can really be done in-game to earn gold compared to Nosmalling, so I don't see why removing another PvE method would be a good idea.
    • Ppl cant solo it nowdays(i mean lvls, eqs, sps, shells), if u see someone soloing be sure hes using loot hack, the point is: the guy keep tanking whole first wave along the other waves without moving, theres a maximum monsters can hit u at time, then staying at mid tanking he can loot everything, i hope nostale team could do something for those loot hacks. Put in ur mind most nostale content was made for team works, if u see someone soloing any of those contents keep alert.
    • Ruff wrote:

They can't truly do anything about it. Though I wouldn't expect it to be a successful IC either.
      They can hunt you and make sure no fam will ever invite you again,or atleast thats what they say.
      I don't mind ic on other channels,monopolizing and forcing people to leave the ic in other channels,now thats something that im against,something that happend in UK server and something that i hope it won't happen in US server too.Some may offer some kind of payment to leave the ic though,not as much as you can win in the ic itself but money is money and you don't risk getting a whole family hunting you and your family in arena,that is acceptable.
      But telling someone to leave just because you want to,thats not cool.
      Say what you feel,it's not being rude.It's being real.
    • Pinkamena wrote:

Ruff wrote:

They can't truly do anything about it. Though I wouldn't expect it to be a successful IC either.
      They can hunt you and make sure no fam will ever invite you again,or atleast thats what they say.I don't mind ic on other channels,monopolizing and forcing people to leave the ic in other channels,now thats something that im against,something that happend in UK server and something that i hope it won't happen in US server too.Some may offer some kind of payment to leave the ic though,not as much as you can win in the ic itself but money is money and you don't risk getting a whole family hunting you and your family in arena,that is acceptable.
      But telling someone to leave just because you want to,thats not cool.
      I know they say that, but I've never had an actual problem arise from it. Whenever I've 'invaded' an IC in a different channel the most they've ever really been able to do was suicide or log off so I was stuck alone, and therefore unable to win. People 'hunting' me has never poorly affected me.

And the people who HAVE done something to affect me, mostly luring moths over while I'm hunting pigeons or following me around with a group and making sure I can't kill anything, were just reported as such actions are against the rules.
    • caiobach wrote:

Ppl cant solo it nowdays(i mean lvls, eqs, sps, shells), if u see someone soloing be sure hes using loot hack, the point is: the guy keep tanking whole first wave along the other waves without moving, theres a maximum monsters can hit u at time, then staying at mid tanking he can loot everything, i hope nostale team could do something for those loot hacks. Put in ur mind most nostale content was made for team works, if u see someone soloing any of those contents keep alert.
      Just because someone is solo'ing doesn't mean they're using loot hacks, to solo IC you don't need to kill all the monsters, I have solo'd IC before, but it's not like other people don't IC in other channels, it's just that no one is active during the hours I did IC, so solo'ing is still better than IC not happening at all.
    • Called it . Was only a matter of time . Soon there will be IC wars between guilds and players.Next soon will be the fulls buffs in arena. And Egos in fc. Yall really thought that would stay on UK, cause if you did. Please kindly stamp Retard on you're forehead. If any of the long time players actually look at the market and understand economics its already mimicking UKs from about 6 years ago. dummies.com/education/economic…-for-dummies-cheat-sheet/ . It might help. Now back to chewing popcorn watching both servers explode in arrogance and stupidity !!