UK&US Merge

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

  • GameForge would not make a US server, to just merge it with the UK one. It just does not make any sense, at all. Merging a 10 year old server with a brand new one would be weird for players changing their economies, highscores, etc... why would anyone want that? Also lots of database issues, duplicate accounnames, etc, etc... IT's not easy to merge!

    Besides, if i'm informed correctly, US and UK servers are hosted on their own continents (yes UK, you're still Europe!). It's the 'only' way to guarantee low latencies at all times... It also makes merging the server kinda hard. And yes, even playing on the UK server from US or other way around should give acceptable latencies for most players, but lower is always better!)

    So, could there be a merge... sure. Would it make sense? I don't think so. Personally I think they would prefer shutting down a 'dead server' over merging it to another server... there's just no gain in merging a dead server. As a player i would also enjoy a 'restart' on a new server more than having my 'overpowered' and 'loaded' account on a 'new' server. Gaming's a journey, not a destination!

    Ethereal wrote:

    There's no shops and everybody is just selling their stuff for real life money or other servers etc...
    Please keep in mind selling for reallife money still is in violation with our terms and conditions and can get you banned form all your accounts!
  • Morgoth wrote:

    If pillory was still around you would be shocked as to how many spambots I ban daily....
    Why not bring back the pillory ?
    People don't really trust GM's anyway these days,this may help to build a healty relation beetwen players and GM's.
    ~All the things she said ~
    ~All the things she said~
    ~Running through my head~
    ~Running through my head~
  • Reason about no pillory is data protection laws, even tho gameforge own all accs on here, meaning its their own acc's so no info on the person is let out, and to address 1 issue many ppl blame top players on highscore about server issues, thx to players on highscore in top ranks you got access to new equips/raids and anythign new basically due to who had to figure it out, wait till US ends up same, US will inherit same problems as UK had, 1 fam will eventually control your fc, certain players will ruin arena, its early days for US server but in 1or2 months when players lv cap they will have nothing else to do, many who left UK to play US was players with multiple bans who wanted fresh start, low lv players who didnt rlly try and decided they couldnt compete, and gold sellers who used the new server as business oppotunity, so dont blame top ranked players, we all had same chance ingame, and gameforge should rlly stop the trading between servers as it was once agaisnt rules, proof is on a ban list which is still available to view, gameforge forgot to remove it
  • Ethereal wrote:

    The basar is obviously inflated cause of the US server... I don't know why US people are ready to avoid us by saying our server could cause problems within a merge, but their server is what made UK so bad. The prices sky-rocketed only because of the US server.. they were going somewhat stable at 1:95-1:100k until US came, then they went up to 1:250k (at which point they're staying for about a month)... I agree that the only bad thing for the US server would be the bad prices in basar... but then again US has alot of items in basar and most likely more than UK. It would be cool that they didn't merge basar items and just leave US items inside, so UK would have to adapt, not US, as it was our request in the first place. And yeah... there wouldn't be as much of an inflation there since most of the nosmallers are on US, and they're the ones that control nos$ prices and therefore basar prices.
    First I will say, I don't play on the US server.... I live in the US, but I haven't tried the US server even once...(though lower latency might be nice, I've always had slower attack speeds than other players because of that)

    I do not believe the US server increased nos$ rates for the UK server, honestly I fail to see real logic in that... That is like saying the polish server cause UK nos$ rates to skyrocket.... The UK community allowed nos$ rates to go up, there is nothing more to it than that.

    If they merged, I fail to see how they would possibly keep bazaars separate. Would UK players not be allowed to trade with US players after a merge? Would we see each other, be able to play raids together, but not be able to trade? So if a UK player drops an item on the ground, only UK players can pick it up??? This is just a confusing concept to me and I'm trying to figure it out

    Regardless, raising prices is FAR easier for a single player to do than lowering them. All one must do is buy and resell to raise prices, a single player can do that easily. Lowering prices takes a community as a whole. That is why UK is in its current economic crisis. I can't think of a single way a merge would not ruin the US economy as well. If we could merge and NOT ruin the US economy, then we also have to power to fix the UK economy without a merge.
  • You guys aren’t seeing game forges vision at the moment. The point of making the US server was to bring in players from the US to learn Nostale. Like (Russia, Mexico,Poland, Uk) all have their own servers within their region. I have been playing NosTale Since I was 13. I’m 23 now. Started on Uk, then went to global, back to uk, and now on the US. All that server switching I did in the mean time. I always wished there was a US server to play on. Because in the UK I felt kind of left out, especially in global with all the Tagalog. This US server has been a long time coming. I’m sure with this server game forge did not inivision or plan for the majority of UK players to join the US server. I’m sure the idea was to ultimately introduce NosTale officially to the US. That being said I hate to say it. Uk is it’s own demise. Nothing that has happened with UK was forced at all. It was totally by choice of the UK community.. I do feel terrible for the bit of good UK players, but I don’t like the playing victim as if the US server creation had anything to do with UK’s demise. That said embrace change! I have restarted numerous times by choice, each time my player gets even stronger than the last. So it’s not all bad ;)
  • Actually , Lets clear some air here. Financially merging the servers would benefit GF and Entwell And Steam. As Entwell would have to develop a nosmall item to create more character slots. Meaning huge business for Nosmall as just about everyone on all servers would need it . Why due to the allure of a new server for all language types. Yes the US server is hosted at a data site in the US however . The log in server and primary data still comes from UK and DE. Food for thought. If the merge did/does happen it would fix the economy for us and level out US. The current inflation isnt actually due to lack of nosmallers. Its due to the trading between servers. Ppl offered huge sums of gold for US currency whether it be Nosmall or ingame gold. Why because UK already had that type of currency. Secondly , to actually talk about making a server merge fair . We would have to look at giving up Rep on UK due to the constant bot farming of alts . Yes this is still considered botting even though its not punishable. US will catch up in all things other then rep within the next 9 months to a year. We in UK need to be patient . Yes raids are lacking , Yes there are limited options of playing with others at the moment. However if we keep supporting the server ie buying nosmall, playing trying our best to get stuff done. Gameforge will still look at us as a viable payment method. Remember kids at the end of the day this is about business. No one gives a crap how long we've played . It's about making money . And to dispute what Luxx said . How this doesnt look viable to do. Think like this as I said earlier in my post. There is on avg still about 200-400 ppl playing UK . As said avg. and according to steam about 1.6k ppl playing Us. Lets be conservative and say 1800 ppl playing all together .About 70% of them are going to need extra character slots and name changes which Can be added to nosmall. Think of the revenue. Then think how to sort out names well the character account that has been register the longest maintains the original name this goes for families aswell. At that point offer a complimentary name change /guild name change on the house . Wanna do it again . Nosmall please!!! Hooray new revived revenue from nosmall. As said at this point in a business stand point . Its very logical to look to a server merge but not for quite some time yet. Things to be developed to make this viable . All of this means man hours . Which we in Uk need to give them . And to the nay sayers . Please use this as an opportunity to expand your knowledge base.
  • Lol its fun that a new server has opened, nice little change of pace for players but forum disgusts me, kind of, just like in the other threads from the past week. im pretty sure most agree that merge will come, why else would they have called it Nostale EN? But still, fam hoppers becoming server hoppers and suddenly point fingers haha, oh we don't want your high levels and your alts and your shells
    give it a few months and port is crawling with alts, matter of fact a few days ago I saw just as many alts there. so keep your finger to yourself ty, there is definitely something up with UK server but I think yall agree that merging right now is stupid. let them have their fresh start, including the UK players who suddenly disown the rest. give it a few months and then its a good idea to evaluate the situation, no pun intended
  • first of all i wont argue anymore in this thread and no matter how much we argue newbs would always prevail in the eye of GD...and anyway the reason they dont want merge is because they are currently in power you could say eg if i not wrong last week when i check on us serv with new char kacchan still no 1?ya so if we merge his position may get lower and no more rewards for him ?XD that's why i wont argue as it may affect power balance....
    and i want to share this to you guys gm's,GD and players,
    steamcommunity.com/app/550470/…toprated&snr=1_5_reviews_
    i know you guys wont really bother check steam's comment once it released and just attract more player but in fact you should see those comment's with thumbs up and down and hope it will make you come to your senses!...thumbs up means they like it but some comments with thumbs up have a negative comment :)
    so ya i came here just to share this with you guys...
    and if you guys realised it the star is low i think to be recommended...few days ago my classmates who want play rpg asked me for recommendation and im afraid i can't recommend them nostale yet as what we have experience in other serv and this serv...so im sorry i could not help anymore i can see the years to come us serv may be like our serv as well...until the server merge with other serv not neccessarily with US like lady sky said i would put it on hold for recommendation to people..as it may disappoint them...cause if GD cant do anything now there's no guarantee they may handle this kind of problem in future....

    The post was edited 1 time, last by invisibleman ().

  • to be honestly, i don't get this idea about merging. if we merge uk and us, we would have to merge every server to new global and yes it would kill new server. i think you had your time in Uk? 10 years is a lot, dont you think? and yes,merge would kill US server, only reason you want merge is that: you got money and gear in uk, so you could control economy. and i don't get this, why they should merge? it's us server, not uk2. and if you think that game would get more people/money from merge, you're wrong and gameforge knows that.
  • ewoj wrote:

    to be honestly, i don't get this idea about merging. if we merge uk and us, we would have to merge every server to new global and yes it would kill new server. i think you had your time in Uk? 10 years is a lot, dont you think? and yes,merge would kill US server, only reason you want merge is that: you got money and gear in uk, so you could control economy. and i don't get this, why they should merge? it's us server, not uk2. and if you think that game would get more people/money from merge, you're wrong and gameforge knows that.
    What do you mean by we had our time? Act 6 + 6.2 wasn't released too long ago and many of us started doing the Act, if our server should've been ended then it should've ended before the release.
    And omg you also just came on to forums and created a new account for an input, why do you think everyone on UK just wants to control the economy? All we want to do is play the game like we've always been, I'm really sick and tired of new users thinking that we're some sort of diseased infectious group when everyone is responsible for their own actions, not every single user in UK is trying to magically make the economy expensive or just be better than everyone else, what is the difference once a user on us gets +15 sp's and Onyx wings - (wings are cheaper there so everyone has them), there's tons of UK players that I speak for in the game that just want to have fun and not have their server die. I'm not exactly fighting for a merge but I just wish the creation of US server didn't have to kill UK, something has to be done for UK to at least be at a better standing point, but most likely in a business view point, having a new player base and more people is easier than fixing an old existant one, so enjoy your US server but we don't need another simular input that happpens again and again over time, Global shut down, Russia shut down and re-opened, we don't want to be next in the cycle, and if others servers go, then its evidence that there wont be anything protecting US server once years pass and you'll be the one writing these threads, fighting for your server existance.
  • Exactly as bravious said... the ''evil-doers'' have already gone to US, It's just the poor people and high levels that don't wanna waste their money for a transfer remaining on the server. If we merged with US, you'd have more players (even the ones that dont play right now will join with a great likelihood). More players means more nosmallers (lower prices ofc) and more players also adds to the activeness of the server. As I said, many of us are ready to help low lvls on the US server without charge. There's probably nothing more to say on this thread. The server's dead, US server caused it, UK players (Even the ones that didnt transfer) left the server and they, including the players that are still here aren't pleased about the current situation.
  • UK died not because of US. It was slowly dying for some time now. nd price went from 60 to 85 in 2 months (before US server). It died because of community. High levels ignoring low ones. Why do you think everyone from UK moved to US? it was booring to play in UK, most of stuff is 92lvl+ , all those "hunted" and ect.

    Second thing

    Ethereal wrote:

    More players means more nosmallers (lower prices ofc)
    two points.
    a. US would lose way more, than get from merge..
    b. imagine merge.
    US player is saving money to buy Ladine for 2.4m, if transfer would happen every high/top player from UK would buy all "free" aka cheap items from nosmall. wanna denny? i got 500m+ atm available without gear/sp's/res in UK. First thing if merge happens, i would buy all cheap nosmall items to resell them. By the logic i could buy 33k nd with 1:15k ratio. And that's only me.
    <This signature does not promote TheRealDeepStriker or his youtube channel >
  • Btw @Bravious +1 .

    Kacchan wrote:

    And ding ding dong, you're wrong. I got all my gear/sp and money in UK, you don't have to cry about that, it's chill. I am against it because it would be mood killler.
    Wanna see what would merge do? Alright:
    * most us people would quit game. lets see why?
    * sp raids would become 90/92+ instead of 80+ as it is now.
    * noscash would skyrocket up, giving huge advange to topUK players, and huge dissadvantage to lowUS.
    * speakers would be full of those "pvp cries"
    * it would be hard for low levels/new players to find a family since all of people would use "old" accounts.

    So in the end, only topUK players would benefit, while US players and server would be at huge dissadvantage.
    Oh since you called me selfish, i would say you're one, because you wanna merge for your own good.
    Dude , I allready know what ur excuses stay at , bla bla bla big lvls bla bla bla toxic players bla bla bla and bs , wanna me record the 24/24 arena in US server and see if u have max 100 players each day enter in arena , each time i go into ur arena , all i see is my self , stop creat f***ing stupid reasons.This started to make me really mad about how we being forgotten by the GF stuff and olther could make anything , You guys saying we are not being Forgotten ?Lets be for real , all i see in this topics , is US players complain about the big lvls, while we wont do anything bad in this , and GMs trying to say Oh we can do this... but..... will take alot.... but... but... we not sure if we do this... but .... but .... take a look here .... bla bla bla.... It's not a good ideea... bla bla bla... Might not be good ..... Bla bla bla... after i see an US player ... OH NO NO MERGE UK SERVER STOP CRY , YOU PLAYED FOR 10 YEARS, ISNT ENOUGHT? JUST QUIT HMAHAUHMAUHAMHUAHM, IM HERE TO START AGAIN IDGF ABOUT U OLD PLAYER JUST QUIT IN PEACE BYE, oh ok i get this , just tell me i can quit the next day, im kinda done see this indifference about us , i dont see anything might help us , U as GF watched just thier own wins in a 10% good way , WHILE u could just leave the UK server be alone , this could evit this all argue and complain about mergeing and bs , but its easier to make a new server , why u all couldnt just leave the UK server alone , this all "newbies" wouldnt complain so bad about mergeing rn anymore , ofc they dont wanna merge rn , they just think if they gave thier Gold to US from 1 gold to 250k (from UK) they think OMG I MADE SUCH A GOOD MOVE , YEY I CAN HAVE 100K FROM ALL 2.5M I MADE IN MY UK "LIFE" , While we both know there will be just a max of top 15 players or even less that will rekt olthers , This is going for real really disgusting, im not kidding , just tell us no chance, this going disgusting more and more , just forget us , we kept this game and server over 10 years , we could do this , but now just watch ur own profits and go with US server , who cares about us... I dont wanna see same replies and same words in all topics i do , same No idk if we do anything , no Gf wont be able , No its too hard , no its not good for US server , but wait just dont tell us we able to wast our 7+ years in here just to watch it how it dies , just cuz we can make some moves that could make more profits , look? they from US saying wow we quitting we dont wanna merge in bs .. I do bet they just still think they can be a sh**, Wanna me tell u allready wat being a top 15 players from over 10k players , its like 1 at 700 players aprox. And as i see u have allready 3 93 lvs that means , as i saw u who like to complain are just lv 80s that are lazy to lv up and cant just go 90 in 2 -3 weeks max to be able to speed up abit the sp raids ... disgusting guys , really bad, Also by this merge u all saying that u wont be able to do sp raids like u doing now or lods , dude by merge does not mean ur accounts will be deleted or any sh** just do ur things , or get helped by 90s + as u can do rn with 90- u can do them still ,same 1h sp raids same lods , or even better ,

    Luxx wrote:

    GameForge would not make a US server, to just merge it with the UK one. It just does not make any sense, at all. Merging a 10 year old server with a brand new one would be weird for players changing their economies, highscores, etc... why would anyone want that? Also lots of database issues, duplicate accounnames, etc, etc... IT's not easy to merge!

    Besides, if i'm informed correctly, US and UK servers are hosted on their own continents (yes UK, you're still Europe!). It's the 'only' way to guarantee low latencies at all times... It also makes merging the server kinda hard. And yes, even playing on the UK server from US or other way around should give acceptable latencies for most players, but lower is always better!)

    So, could there be a merge... sure. Would it make sense? I don't think so. Personally I think they would prefer shutting down a 'dead server' over merging it to another server... there's just no gain in merging a dead server. As a player i would also enjoy a 'restart' on a new server more than having my 'overpowered' and 'loaded' account on a 'new' server. Gaming's a journey, not a destination!

    Ethereal wrote:

    There's no shops and everybody is just selling their stuff for real life money or other servers etc...
    Please keep in mind selling for reallife money still is in violation with our terms and conditions and can get you banned form all your accounts!
    What i typed up its for this too.

    ewoj wrote:

    to be honestly, i don't get this idea about merging. if we merge uk and us, we would have to merge every server to new global and yes it would kill new server. i think you had your time in Uk? 10 years is a lot, dont you think? and yes,merge would kill US server, only reason you want merge is that: you got money and gear in uk, so you could control economy. and i don't get this, why they should merge? it's us server, not uk2.
    will kill the new server? are u kidding me dude? another disgusting complain ...



    P.S: Sorry for being rude and realist in same time , but im allready disgusted seeing same post , This from US that are complaining are just ballin for nothing , there is no reason we will destroy any server by merging..I think this is my last post , in this this going way too far being disgusting. Bye , Gl US players i guess , by saying lies u are being trusted and we are just able to quit , after all this years , why im supposed to lose my things just cuz there cant be done some changes to help it out .... Tyvm.Dont u even try telling me im rude ,Even u GMs would be in same situation as us, wish u could feel us way better , and see how we feel by being forgotten , dont say im not right ,Cuz im not seeing any good move for us (UK). Have a nice day .
    It's me the "greedy" UK fighter

    Hi.I'm UrCandy<3 or Stefan , nice to meet you !

    "People will pay for their behavior at the right time" ^^
    Haters gonna hate =)
  • I really don't understand why people seem to be under the assumption that not having a merge means the UK server will be shut down. There has been no such announcement, it isn't being shut down (at least not anytime soon). Seeing few people when you log in also doesn't mean it will be shut down, 3 years ago I thought there weren't many people on anymore compared to 7 years ago but it STILL isn't shut down. So that isn't evidence of anything.

    There is no reason to advocate a merge between an old and a brand new server. Server merges are typically done between multiple old servers, not new ones. If you don't want to start over on the US server, don't. Just don't complain about other people deciding to do so either, they can play in whatever server they want. It just makes me think: "and what if everyone started switching to the polish server? Would the polish server be blamed for the state of UK?" This isn't a reasonable complaint.

    Also no, more players does not mean lower prices. You could have 3 billion nosmallers selling nos$ every day and it still wouldn't mean lower prices. Prices go up from reselling, and knowing there are people who can afford it. With the large sum of gold accumulated in UK, a merge can only raise prices. It would NEVER cause US prices to go down.... While it might seem like a price drop compared to UK server current prices, any increase at all hurts US players. They don't have large sums of gold.

    The post was edited 1 time, last by Ruff ().