UK&US Merge

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • UK&US Merge

      Yo so I've been wondering when/if UK is getting merged... there's no shops and everybody is just selling their stuff for real life money or other servers etc... And no raids are being done, no1 is in arena and the population keeps going down... If nothing is done, the server will soon be to about 50 players that get on per day... please start making a merge so all of UK's players time wont be wasted. And GM's please stop closing your eyes.. once basar loses most of its items, UK is ready for closure.

      P.S: I know alot of US players will complain that they don't want op people that will ruin their server, but I believe most of us will be ready to help the US low lvls if we get our satisfaction through merging.
    • its annoying how these ppl crying about server merge, idk whats the point of merging servers. so the time we took on lvling will be wasted for nothing? alot of ppl wanted to start fresh,including me. to get rid of those annoying full buffed nubs in arena who cheap everyone and u cant even pvp

      The post was edited 1 time, last by ~Vergil~ ().

    • Question.
      a. how do you plan helping US low levels?
      * sp raids? nope.
      * normal raids? maybe 1-2 a day?
      * loding/levelup? nope.
      *ts? us players already helping them.
      b. why do you even need merge?
      * it's not like you need low levels for act/sp raids/mobbing.
      c. it would ruin fun for us. do you think we wanna to get all those 92-99lvl players with "op" gear who's crying about pvp stuff?
      d. everyone knows that if merge happens, server would lose more players than get from uk. soo you know? ^^
    • Well I'm not gonna answer the majority cause it's mostly subjective. I'm just going to answer your ''why do you even need merge?''. Well it's simple. Uk is dead and its players dont wanna have their years of time (some even real life money) wasted when the server gets closed... it's not fun playing on the server either because you can't do anything but solo things... And yeah; I'm pretty sure that most of the ''pvp cheapers with hundreds of alts'' have already exchanged Uk stuff for Us stuff in the meantime, so it's just a matter of time before they hit 90+ and the same procedure strucks.
    • Ethereal wrote:

      Well I'm not gonna answer the majority cause it's mostly subjective. I'm just going to answer your ''why do you even need merge?''. Well it's simple. Uk is dead and its players dont wanna have their years of time (some even real life money) wasted when the server gets closed... it's not fun playing on the server either because you can't do anything but solo things... And yeah; I'm pretty sure that most of the ''pvp cheapers with hundreds of alts'' have already exchanged Uk stuff for Us stuff in the meantime, so it's just a matter of time before they hit 90+ and the same procedure strucks.
      Exactly.

      ~Vergil~ wrote:

      its annoying how these ppl crying about server merge, idk whats the point of merging servers. so the time we took on lvling will be wasted for nothing? alot of ppl wanted to start fresh,including me. to get rid of those annoying full buffed nubs in arena who cheap everyone and u cant even pvp
      What makes you think,that won't happen in US too ? Many players are already among 80-85,there won't be long before it will become just like the UK server.
      Say what you feel,it's not being rude.It's being real.
    • Since you're refusing to answer main question, i am going ask again. Why do you think most UK players moved to US instead of playing there? Since we know that ~80-90% population of US moved here from UK. You have to agree that there's something wrong with UK.
      Thing is people moved to US, to have new fresh start. If they wanted to play with +15 sp's, op gear, they woulda stayed there.
      Second think which is funny to me "players dont wanna have their years of time (some even real life money) wasted ". jeeez boii.... get a job then, if you don't wanna waste money or time.
    • I believe UK server and US server should merge, every server will have people who are addicted to killing other players in arena, that's not the fault of our server, that's the fault of people in general and that is what they choose to do.
      There's still many other users who aren't looking to become the next arena king in UK and merging a server does not simply mean we'll start doing so, having loads of players of a few doesn't really make a difference in how strong you'll become or what you do with your account.
      All the majority of the UK players really want is to enjoy the game for more years to come with the progress they worked hard on, I myself have had plans for my account such as getting higher in champion levels and getting my specialists to higher grades, but if there's no one to play with then my efforts will be for nothing, please try to understand that losing all your progress on your favourite hobby wouldn't be nice for anyone.
      I also cant really see why all the US players are exactly hating UK server so much, for the past several years we were the only choice for English players, the only difference between US and UK is that there's more players and that it's new, players with more experience in a game isn't a bad thing, its not like a giant amount of UK players didn't join US as it launched too, and toxicity will always find its way into any community.

      ~Vergil~ wrote:

      ts annoying how these ppl crying about server merge, idk whats the point of merging servers. so the time we took on lvling will be wasted for nothing?
      I ohnestly don't understand how it wastes your time, other players do not inflict your account progress, and we've been playing for years before US server existed, if you feel like your leveling is being wasted on US server, then how do you think we feel.

      Kacchan wrote:

      a. how do you plan helping US low levels?
      * sp raids? nope.
      * normal raids? maybe 1-2 a day?
      * loding/levelup? nope.
      *ts? us players already helping them.
      b. why do you even need merge?
      * it's not like you need low levels for act/sp raids/mobbing.
      c. it would ruin fun for us. do you think we wanna to get all those 92-99lvl players with "op" gear who's crying about pvp stuff?
      d. everyone knows that if merge happens, server would lose more players than get from uk. soo you know?
      Even if we did merge, high levels are not required to help lower levels just to justify the merge, seemingly how alot of you hate UK players so much, I don't think much of us would want to help... Also how would a merge lose more players, theoretically speaking, I would say about 30% of the US population is UK players, and 70% are new, having more players does not instantly make people leave a game they enjoyed forever.

      All I want to do is play my favourite game on my account I worked hard on to get this far, as you US players think of yourselves the most, I also will do the same, I'm not exactly looking to make friends in the US community or help you guys with quests, I only want to play the game and mind my own business respectively. And as many players that were loyal to NosTale UK exist, I believe merging should be a definite choice for our loyalty to the game, and not new users who don't want a merge but were only able to talk here on forums after the steam launch and had nothing to say before their server existed.
      Not trying to be mean or anything, I'm just being ohnest, therefore I believe these discussions should continue untill we have a solution on the matter.
    • And ding ding dong, you're wrong. I got all my gear/sp and money in UK, you don't have to cry about that, it's chill. I am against it because it would be mood killler.
      Wanna see what would merge do? Alright:
      * most us people would quit game. lets see why?
      * sp raids would become 90/92+ instead of 80+ as it is now.
      * noscash would skyrocket up, giving huge advange to topUK players, and huge dissadvantage to lowUS.
      * speakers would be full of those "pvp cries"
      * it would be hard for low levels/new players to find a family since all of people would use "old" accounts.

      So in the end, only topUK players would benefit, while US players and server would be at huge dissadvantage.
      Oh since you called me selfish, i would say you're one, because you wanna merge for your own good.
    • Kacchan wrote:

      And ding ding dong, you're wrong. I got all my gear/sp and money in UK, you don't have to cry about that, it's chill. I am against it because it would be mood killler.
      Wanna see what would merge do? Alright:
      * most us people would quit game. lets see why?
      * sp raids would become 90/92+ instead of 80+ as it is now.
      * noscash would skyrocket up, giving huge advange to topUK players, and huge dissadvantage to lowUS.
      * speakers would be full of those "pvp cries"
      * it would be hard for low levels/new players to find a family since all of people would use "old" accounts.

      So in the end, only topUK players would benefit, while US players and server would be at huge dissadvantage.
      Oh since you called me selfish, i would say you're one, because you wanna merge for your own good.
      What does make you think that :
      *Sp raid won't become 90+ only once the majority reach 90 ? The main reason this was the case for UK server was because it was much more faster then adding tons of80 and wasting time explaining their rules,ending up losing the raids sometimes because they can't afford pots.
      *Again,majority of the UK server players left it to join THE US SERVER,who's to prevent they won't do the same here ? Tell me who ?
      *I never like them,but thats inevitable,regardless if it will be UK players or US players,i just saw someone spamming pointless things on speaker chat and that was a new player in the game.
      *I doubt it,70% of The US server is filled with new players/US players or whatever you wanna call them,however these 70% are players that never played in UK server before,so if the Veterand wouldn't allow newbies to their fam,it wouldn't be their fault,they could also go for a new founded family instead.
      Ofc,immediately server merge isn't benefic,the US server is still growing,however i expected a merge to happen around 2018,when exactly ? I don't know,but when it will happen it will be the time where the majority is the very least lv 80.
      Say what you feel,it's not being rude.It's being real.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Pinkamena ().

    • @Pinkamena
      "Again,majority of the UK server players left it to join THE US SERVER,who's to prevent they won't do the same here ? Tell me who ?"
      * why do you think they left UK and all theirs stuff for new server?
      tbh, i think if you wanna play in us, you should start at 1lvl,
      and if you wanna play with your op gear, you got uk server for it. i played in uk few days ago, people still do act raids/ sp raids.
    • Kacchan wrote:

      And ding ding dong, you're wrong. I got all my gear/sp and money in UK, you don't have to cry about that, it's chill. I am against it because it would be mood killler.
      I don't think rhymes will further your argument or justify why you think my points are wrong. And if it's a mood killer to 1 user who opposes the merge, it would not inflict the decision as there's many more players who want this merge then there is who don't, if its a democracy system then im sure there's plenty of players in-game who can log on the forums to vote.

      Kacchan wrote:

      most us people would quit game. lets see why?
      * sp raids would become 90/92+ instead of 80+ as it is now.
      It's simply a step in all servers, US server wont be new forever you know, once there's a decent amount of 90+, that's just how things happen, and when there's not enough 90+, they have no choice but to add lower levels and have slow raids. Give it some more years and SP will simply become 90+ again, server merges dont change that, and its the hosts choice on who gets added or not, nevertheless we will probably just raid within our families.

      Kacchan wrote:

      noscash would skyrocket up, giving huge advange to topUK players, and huge dissadvantage to lowUS.
      * speakers would be full of those "pvp cries"
      Nosmall rates depend on how much players can afford in the game, if the rate is low, no one is going to buy from someone selling for 1:250 rate if there's 1:10 rate largely available.
      PvP toxicity is down to the players, not the server, UK servers existance didn't automatically start making people speaker about killing each other in arena, and if it was an issue thent he admins would do something about it.

      Kacchan wrote:

      it would be hard for low levels/new players to find a family since all of people would use "old" accounts.
      No it wouldn't, lower levels create families with lower levels because there is a large amount of them, if there's not alot of low levels, then how do you expect them to have families if all the player base is 90+ with already organised and full families. Nostale UK simply wasn't recieving enough low levels to have families to begin with.

      Kacchan wrote:

      So in the end, only topUK players would benefit, while US players and server would be at huge dissadvantage.
      Oh since you called me selfish, i would say you're one, because you wanna merge for your own good.
      Again, how does me existing in US server disrupt everything, and what dissadvantage is there in the first place? This is an MMO, your progress is dependant on you and what you do, me having higher equipment doesn't mean the world ends for you, everyone in a game will be at different stages and do different things, and if your talking about a dissadvantage I guess you're only talking about arena, I am in no way going to waste my time bullying lower levels in arena, I only want to PvP my friends or who ever asks me kindly for a PvP, but my main goal is to PvE and gain champion levels, how does me getting champion levels and doing my own things dissadvantage your account? My progress is my progress and it doesn't affect you. It's like saying that I shouldn't progress because you cant progress.
    • @Bravious jeez.. that post was meant ethereal, can't you see from "wrong " and "selfish"parts. . and yes your progress is your progress. like uk progress is uk progress. i still don't get why can't you play from fresh with all of rest, why're better than rest of us?

      do you think noscash price woudn't increase if we get topUK here? it would, since people got 1-2b there and they could just "resell" it. just do math. how much 1:15k nosdollar you could buy with 1b? answer 66666 nd. and since most of uk players have more that 500m, so yeah it would increase. (like i said only uk would get advantage, while rest? hm meh)
      and uk had a lot of low levels, but since you were doing sp raids/ act raids/cali or just mobbing you coudn't see them asking for help in nosvile or searching 55lvl mage/archer searching for a family.
    • Kacchan wrote:

      why can't you play from fresh with all of rest, why're better than rest of us?
      Because I didn't start the game 7 years ago intending to do it all over again.

      Kacchan wrote:

      do you think noscash price woudn't increase if we get topUK here? it would, since people got 1-2b there and they could just "resell" it. just do math. how much 1:15k nosdollar you could buy with 1b? answer 66666 nd. and since most of uk players have more that 500m, so yeah it would increase. (like i said only uk would get advantage, while rest? hm meh)
      Not every player on UK is crazy rich and it's the nosmallers who are selling at crazy rates. Most of us are opposed to high prices but are unable to do anything about it, I also wouldn't mind losing all my gold if that's what it takes for a merge, also resell wont work if players cannot afford higher prices, if players are still selling for 1:10 rate, who would buy a cc for 20m if there's tons of stock on bazar for less, there's barely any user on US server who could afford resellers prices so it just wouldn't work. Not only that but UK server was also full of cheap prices and low rates at the beginning of it, its just the life cycle of the servers. 5 UK nosmallers who want to sell for rates of 1:150 vs 100 Nosmallers who are selling 1:10, who do you think the players will pick.

      Kacchan wrote:

      and uk had a lot of low levels, but since you were doing sp raids/ act raids/cali or just mobbing you coudn't see them asking for help in nosvile or searching 55lvl mage/archer searching for a family.
      Again, is it my responsibility as a player to attempt adding every low level I see when high level families have gone from 0 to Level 10 with 100/100 filled family slots. And I don't agree that we had alot of low levels, not enough compared to US server which is a steady amount needed for low levels to suppourt themselves, high levels dont need to be relied on for progress in this game and US server is proving that. So UK players being there wont mean that more low levels will be fam-less.

      We've loved this game for a long time, we shouldn't have to have no choice but for it to die, it wasn't even this dead before the steam launch came which killed our server off entirely.
    • Bravious wrote:

      Because I didn't start the game 7 years ago intending to do it all over again.
      Same with every US player. They started here because it is "new server".



      Bravious wrote:

      UK nosmallers who want to sell for rates of 1:150 vs 100 Nosmallers who are selling 1:10
      What's point of it, if one player from UK can buy 100000nd from each nosmaller?
      Jeez noscash would go to 1:80k at first day. Do you know how economy works? The more you have,the more you can invest. Everyone would start buying cheap nos$/nosmall items to resell them in future.
      Seriously, like you said

      Bravious wrote:

      My progress is my progress and it doesn't affect you. It's like saying that I shouldn't progress because you cant progress.
      You can progress in UK we both know you don't need US people for it.
      UK progress should stay at UK server.
      UK progress is UKprogress.

      Most of players playing US are from UK, not new nes. We got like 10% or less as new players. Most people haven't played nostale in years, they came back only for new server.
      Second thing is: even if gameforge would merge servers. A lot of players/nosmallers would quit the game , and gf would lose a lot of money.
    • Wait, is this seriously happening again?

      Let's wait until we have some solid answers from the team. Honestly, we already had several threads regarding this, and we don't need another one. I can already hear the slight negative tone arising from some people already.

      If possibly, it'll be nice if this thread is closed quickly, and I hope that any further conversation can be private messaging.

      @Morgoth
    • Personally I don't want a server merge. If a server must be shut down, THEN do a merge but not before.

      If the US server ends up similar to how the UK server used to be and the UK server is super dead, then people wishing to start fresh could just start over again on UK... Or return to their old UK account.

      One of the main problems with UK isn't a lack of players, it is a super inflated bazaar. Server merging would not fix this, it would only cause the US server to also have a super inflated bazaar. Only the community can fix this. We can't try to leave it up to developers. You can't fight inflation with other people selling at cheaper prices, that just helps resellers. Only way to stop inflation is to stop buying, they can only sell at such prices if they make profit. If there are no other sellers this is just a waiting game, however if there ARE other sellers willing to lower prices then either the prices drop or resellers waste their gold trying to keep prices up(so the sellers still make their gold). If everyone refuses to buy at the higher prices though, resellers will not be able to maintain that strategy as it is too taxing on their resources. Eventually they'd run out of gold and be forced to either lower prices or stop reselling.

      The other current problem for UK is the actual lack of players part, fewer players means its much harder to find a team for raids or a family for lod. However, let's be honest about this. For many people this was already a problem before there was a lack of players. People's individual requirements for group activities have gone up dramatically over the years and others who don't meet these requirements have been complaining about it for ages. A server merge would at most return it to that state. Personally I'd much rather those players get the chance to learn the raids they were never allowed to join before on the US server before it reaches that point, instead of a merge artificially putting it there.

      I also am not a fan of what has become the traditional thought of 'helping' in UK over the years. So many times when I've had someone ask me to 'help' or someone else has offered to 'help' someone it involved doing it for the person needing help. An example, collecting amber from tree souls. SO OFTEN helping someone with this meant tanking the tree souls for them. If this is how high levels 'help' I shall never support it. Now when I was personally asked, I said I'd help, and then I'd drag this person in need all over Nostale and have them collect boots and gloves so they could build up some resistance and tank it themselves. I find showing people where to get what they need, helping them learn how things work, and teaching them strategies to get around obstacles to be far more 'helpful' than doing it for them.

      And lastly I shall return to my opening statement. While i do not want a server merge, if UK would be shut down then do a server merge instead. Just make sure there is no premature merge, I don't want one just because UK would eventually be shut down. I want it at the same time the shut down would happen.
    • The basar is obviously inflated cause of the US server... I don't know why US people are ready to avoid us by saying our server could cause problems within a merge, but their server is what made UK so bad. The prices sky-rocketed only because of the US server.. they were going somewhat stable at 1:95-1:100k until US came, then they went up to 1:250k (at which point they're staying for about a month)... I agree that the only bad thing for the US server would be the bad prices in basar... but then again US has alot of items in basar and most likely more than UK. It would be cool that they didn't merge basar items and just leave US items inside, so UK would have to adapt, not US, as it was our request in the first place. And yeah... there wouldn't be as much of an inflation there since most of the nosmallers are on US, and they're the ones that control nos$ prices and therefore basar prices.