Server's dying

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• invisibleman wrote:

can you guys assured us that uk not going to close down?and tell us if there is merge project underway?if none of them can be confirm this thread will go on forever...i mean just at least told us something you guys knew or have been told.... dont kept us in the dark like you guys didnt even mention when goin on steam there will be new us server...
    i know if no income/nosseller/nosbuyer in uk in our current state we will be doomed(close). so at least we need to take the words/promise that you guys are making to assured nothing is going to happen this thread tbh is so simple as that mostly i can see suggestion to reduce nosrate in uk and stuff thhats why idk when it became so complicated until insults came up
    I mean, no one can really promise it won't be closed down.... I can promise you it WILL be closed down. Eventually every nostale server will be closed down and repurposed. Eventually WoW and LoL will be closed down too. Eventually the PS3 will no longer receive PSN support. Windows 8 will no longer be supported. The list goes on, everything ends.

I can however tell you UK will not close down within the year. I can even say I have faith it won't close down next year. Unless the server takes a nosedive in comparison to its current state, I'd have faith it won't close down even in the year after. Obviously it needs to close eventually, so all you can really do is ask yourself about the foreseeable future.
  • invisibleman wrote:

can you guys assured us that uk not going to close down?and tell us if there is merge project underway?if none of them can be confirm this thread will go on forever...i mean just at least told us something you guys knew or have been told.... dont kept us in the dark like you guys didnt even mention when goin on steam there will be new us server...
    i know if no income/nosseller/nosbuyer in uk in our current state we will be doomed(close). so at least we need to take the words/promise that you guys are making to assured nothing is going to happen this thread tbh is so simple as that mostly i can see suggestion to reduce nosrate in uk and stuff thhats why idk when it became so complicated until insults came up
    In other game versions there are servers who are in far worse state than UK currently is yet they are still open so I would say UK closing down doesn't seem like a possible thing to happen any time soon.
    In addition those servers also been requesting server merges for far longer and still waiting.

As for the US opening I probably found out after you.

If something like a merge will happen I am sure a proper announcement will happen.
    If the server close I am sure again that a proper announcement will happen.
  • Might was well throw my 2-cents in...

I played on the UK server for a very very long time, probably within the first couple months of it opening. I have put a lot of time into that server, but eventually quit due to time constraints. I have come back several times, but have never really been able to get into the game again. The UK server just isn't fun anymore. I basically can't participate in anything, not even ibra raids, as none of my characters hit that crucial level 90 mark and you can't even get considered for raids anymore because it "is a waste of time" for people to have lower level in their raids (as a level 88 who spent months grinding to make equipment with amir recipes, that really hurts). I know the game has evolved, but every time I came back, I would end up in some sloppy family since I wasn't well known enough or high level enough to get into the elitist families (or maybe I didn't try hard enough, I am not sure, never been my strong suit), and watched people hop families continuously so could never shave off more then 10% of the road to 90. Since the only thing I was allowed to do basically was LoD, grind mobs, or watch people afk in IC, the game never held my attention more then a couple weeks, a month at max.

I decided to try out the US server, and it is a lot more fun. I think all the multi-accouters have probably forgotten what it feels like, but when you actually stumble upon someone level 35 or so on the same quest, and you work together to complete it, it feels rewarding. No +15 wars soloing the level 1-40 ic. Watching newbies get destroyed by Dark Castra. Having 30 people actually work together, and narrowly beat the level 80 ic instead of crying when the max levels who could solo ic won't want to waste the full pots. Sure, there is a lot of grind to get up to that point (I have spent way more time then I like to admit), but the game is actually entertaining a bit, and the amount of time I have put in the last 3 weeks is proof of that I feel.

I am sorry that Nos UK is not so hot right now, but I can't blame a single person for wanting to start fresh in the new server then to try to bear the 2 month grind to 90 (at least that long if you don't have connections, and you will probably find it takes even longer) before getting to have any real fun. Sure, you might now be thinking that it stinks and all your work you put in now equates to nothing, but that is exactly how I felt every time I came back to this game after a long break (bit of an overstatement, but just in terms of finding a family and friends to do stuff with, it is a tall order). I understand you want new players to come into UK, even if it has to be forced through a merge, but I can almost promise that if the servers were merged right now, within a couple months the new player base would die out due to the game just not being that fun. I think within half a year the US server might decline near the previous UK state simply because this is an old game, and while it is fun for a while, as that road between improvements becomes longer most people will abandon it for newer, fancier games.

Its tragic that online games eventually become this way, but nothing lasts forever (RIP old Nostale before the map change, RIP the really cool warrior portrait that got replaced by a chibi ghoul face, RIP being able to enter LOD at after TS 18.) Not everything is going to go the way the players want them, but change does come and we just have to deal with it.
  • invisibleman wrote:

Don't worry, for the time being I can assure you that there are absolutely no plans to shut down the UK server. It's been 10 years of NosTale in Europe, and hopefully we will be playing plenty more!

The game just went on Steam, which also meant the start of several new servers. This project took quite a bit of technical effort and now we also need some time to check the impact it had on the servers (new and old). Other communities are also asking for server merges and the NosTale team is not at all opposed to that idea, on the contrary, it's something that could happen (but that it's not an easy or fast project). The population will be monitored and from our side we will insist on your concern about it and will let you know as soon as there are any news about this topic.
  • Lady Sky wrote:

invisibleman wrote:

Don't worry, for the time being I can assure you that there are absolutely no plans to shut down the UK server. It's been 10 years of NosTale in Europe, and hopefully we will be playing plenty more!
    The game just went on Steam, which also meant the start of several new servers. This project took quite a bit of technical effort and now we also need some time to check the impact it had on the servers (new and old). Other communities are also asking for server merges and the NosTale team is not at all opposed to that idea, on the contrary, it's something that could happen (but that it's not an easy or fast project). The population will be monitored and from our side we will insist on your concern about it and will let you know as soon as there are any news about this topic.
    Thank you! I hope UK can be restored to (nearly) its former state someday then. Please keep us updated ^^!
  • Morgoth wrote:

invisibleman wrote:

In other game versions there are servers who are in far worse state than UK currently is yet they are still open so I would say UK closing down doesn't seem like a possible thing to happen any time soon.In addition those servers also been requesting server merges for far longer and still waiting.

If something like a merge will happen I am sure a proper announcement will happen.

Lady Sky wrote:

invisibleman wrote:

Thank you very much for your answer!that's the ans most uk players have been waiting for :) we will patiently wait until the day of good news came about!
  • Morgoth wrote:

invisibleman wrote:

In other game versions there are servers who are in far worse state than UK currently is yet they are still open so I would say UK closing down doesn't seem like a possible thing to happen any time soon.In addition those servers also been requesting server merges for far longer and still waiting.

"If the server close im sure again that proper announcement will happen" oh wait , soo we ask for help u telling us about server close , thats kinda stupid , good @Lady Sky said some good words ,anyways i didnt heared any good news , thats like politics they allways say they going do sth good for the people while they just do thier things , and forget about us , im sorry for this bad words but thats how it looks , we kept this game "alive" just to be forgotten .. I'll keep hope , there will be some good news asap for helping the servers , but u had no Plan B into this , u just watched ur own benefits , do new server , u have ever thinked about us? Say "What if Uk will suffer about this ?" i dont think so , if u would do that we wouldnt even discuss this anymore , but as i said its just like life time problems , nothing changed . i hope we wont lose our hopes too ;) (I'm not being rude its just being realist :) ) (im not talking to right to GMs this words are for GameForge too maybe they will read this)
    Best regards Candy !
    Have a nice day ! ^^

The post was edited 1 time, last by NarutoDreams ().

• NarutoDreams wrote:

Morgoth wrote:

invisibleman wrote:

"If the server close im sure again that proper announcement will happen" oh wait , soo we ask for help u telling us about server close , thats kinda stupid
    xD no I said the opposite and I was only answering to what invisible said.
  • Ms.Makintosh wrote:

There's nothing wrong with the server.

It's all in your heads.

#CloseThread
    "Wrong" is subjective.
    objectively seen: The server has undergone a change which disfavoured many and favoured few.
    Some may think nothing is wrong because their vision allows them to see the good side of it.
    A lot of others do not think like the above mentioned people and feel disfavoured. That is not in their heads.
    I have an example. I used to do SP5/6 raids nearly daily with almost the same team. People were asking for adds all the time. Lately, the host cannot even find a full team even after listing for a while, so the host kind of gave up on hosting, even though it had been a daily "ritual" for them. I cannot even do SP5/6 raids lately because there are just not enough people to form a (good) team.
    A case like that DOES indicate a change that is certainly not positive.

Well anyway, since LadySky is going to look into it, indeed, this thread can be closed.
  • phenomenal wrote:

Ms.Makintosh wrote:

It's all in your heads.

#CloseThread
    As someone who's played for way longer than you, I'll tell you, When no one buys your nosmall you will be forced to sell the lumps for gold :) . There are many things that are wrong with the game, I won't start counting as I've quit anyway. Greetings, Atti =)
    Seeing, as you have quit, Luxx: Please keep it friendly and constructive!...
  • Ms.Makintosh wrote:

phenomenal wrote:

Ms.Makintosh wrote:

It's all in your heads.

#CloseThread
    As someone who's played for way longer than you, I'll tell you, When no one buys your nosmall you will be forced to sell the lumps for gold :) . There are many things that are wrong with the game, I won't start counting as I've quit anyway. Greetings, Atti =)
    Seeing, as you have quit, ......
    Not really. Everybody has right to express his/hers opinion (Yes,even you). Thats called democracy :D
  • Ms.Makintosh ive seen you ingame, you didnt rlly want to speak to me, I dont know if its because your not as great as made out to be or but you dont speak for the entire server, but your just 1 player, who seems to only care for themselves, no 1 ingame is paying current prices so im not sure how you could be doing any business, is your business ingame our outside of game rules?, right now the server population is a joke, many are put of when they see randomers post on forum bragging how they going make profit from nosmall, ms makintosh if you want to discusss and pretend to be a veteran me and others are willign to hear you out and destroy each point you attempt to make on why your right and rest of server is wrong, the most disguisting thing is watching you telling players they should quit, be it on forum or ingame, im surprised gameforge staff have not commented on this themselves on your behaviour, but to tell players they should quit or leave game if they dont like it atm.... just who are you to say that? why should they quit or remain quitted why should they find another server im curious to know, players such as myself can take matters into our own hands ingame if needed to deal with you =)
  • Legendary17 wrote:

Ms.Makintosh ive seen you ingame, you didnt rlly want to speak to me, I dont know if its because your not as great as made out to be or but you dont speak for the entire server, but your just 1 player, who seems to only care for themselves, no 1 ingame is paying current prices so im not sure how you could be doing any business, is your business ingame our outside of game rules?, right now the server population is a joke, many are put of when they see randomers post on forum bragging how they going make profit from nosmall, ms makintosh if you want to discusss and pretend to be a veteran me and others are willign to hear you out and destroy each point you attempt to make on why your right and rest of server is wrong, the most disguisting thing is watching you telling players they should quit, be it on forum or ingame, im surprised gameforge staff have not commented on this themselves on your behaviour, but to tell players they should quit or leave game if they dont like it atm.... just who are you to say that? why should they quit or remain quitted why should they find another server im curious to know, players such as myself can take matters into our own hands ingame if needed to deal with you =)

I don't talk to you, cause I have you blacklisted since i was level 1. You're a plague to this game, and I wish you would go away.
    As far as population decrease - the more the better. :P