Server's dying

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• i really do understand most uk player rage?.. XD as im also one of them as well...at this point now we cant retract everything that have been done.so let's just wait for months will see whether uk will server will be wipe out or will stay alive...from most what i've asked my friend they said they rather stay uk cause first they have spend alot of nos$ on it if they moved in us and invest there chances of uk server might get deleted is high and those investment will be pointless...while few of my friends said they are switching characters(playing on both sides instead of choosing 1 )so if let's say the uk server dead or such they already have new prepared char in other serv.im really on the first one too...let's just hope they will do something cause the hardwork had to be paid off if most uk migrate to us and uk server were left lifeless it will be pointless as some players from global(other closing servers) have been thorugh this kind of experience so 2nd time is kinda difficult for them to handle.

@josh218 you are king of nab so you dont mind alt sssssss im gonna be your cancer alt y
  • Aridelek wrote:

Now I'm very sad that i have moved here because now I spend my free time to UK serv where nobody playing now. Great job :/
    I'll move to US server it would be no problem! but who'll give me promise that year later This US server'll be active as already hm? what kind of move is it?
    Why Nostale support didn't do something diffrent like idk maybe ASK PLAYERS "WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT NEW SERVER"

"New serv'll give new players a chance, it would be fair" what chance hmm?
    In UK they have all items on NB, high level players always helping in raids, missions etc. Also you have ready family to glace,raids,lod.
    Okay someone can say that people want to be in the top. For what reason? they'll get a reward or something like that? it's sick..

Better chance hours of Land of Death and stop dig your own grave.

God....
    But if Gameforge made a poll about it to ask the players considering majority is currently trying the new server then most of the votes would be "Yes we want a new server".
    Either way as I said before if they did not open new servers it would make steam release a bit pointless for them.
    Example:
    Person A: "yo man this "new" MMO is out on steam lets try it out!"
    Person B: "sure why not we can give it a try"
    -Both realize the game and the server is 10 years old-
    Probably with 80% chance:
    Person A & B: "ok never mind I don't want to start a MMO with everyone being so advanced"

19% chance:
    Person A & B try the game out for 1 week and then leave it cause everyone ignore them and low level areas are bit empty

1% chance:
    They both stay.
  • Quite a lot of replies since last 10 hours.Let's see what we have here.

cristinuza wrote:

I don't think nos UK will die so easy. Yea, because US server is new, ppl just wanna see how is to start on a new server after so long time but after 1-2 weeks when they see how hard is the new server because there is no eq,res,sps and you have to make all yourself not many players will stay here and most probably will come on UK because for nosmallers its easier to grown on UK more than US. And about high levels from UK they wont give up all their work on UK (i played UK 9 years and i will not give up what i did here because i invested a lot of time in lvling and making money/items/sps). As Morgoth said we just need to wait until this new server HYPE will gone and nos UK will come back to normal.
    About a server merge will be pretty nice but only after at least 1 year so US can grown a bit.
    My main concern is if these people won't come back.We can't make assumption that they will come back as the time flows,they like it here,as i said earlier nosmallers mostly nosmall for themselves so far, as they wait for the rate to grow.,and as i said earlier it is unknown if they decide to come back,we must live with hope that they will when the winter recess will start. :lol:

guide15851 wrote:

why not have leveling event to motivate players on uk server? or maybe on us server? or anything that will help players go along while the hype is going on..

Also by the fact, if merging server would help the game? I don't think so.. old players will quit due to dying server, new players will quit due grindfest, and returning players will remain due to they are not being behind anymore.

so either one, act fast before its too late. Don't make anymore big mistake or nostale will dig its own grave.
    XP Event will attract more people to the new server,we already have most of the community at 90+,we don't really care about level anymore.But for the new server that will be Heaven.
    Merging will have an initial positive effect,nobody will leave immediately,the newbies just sarted what sense it will make ? the old players will will enjoy a better economy and so on,maybe some newbies won't like it,but this change dosent have to be fast,we can wait a month or more but sadly Morgoth roll out that probabiity. :rolleyes:

Morgoth wrote:

As always nobody forces you to change server but also nobody forces you to stay on a server.
    That's irrelevant,we stay or leave based on the server activity and economy,nobody i know will stay in a server where is only a handfull of players there.

Morgoth wrote:

Give it some significant time. If let's say in 1 month from now UK is back to normal then all of your current panic will be pointless.

Account transfers through servers haven't been possible for 10 years now so I kind of doubt that will happen any time soon.
    In addition to that transferring your high level character in a new server would be unfair right now anyway.

As tay mentioned a lot of people kept asking for a second server for years now. I guess you can never really please everyone. =/
    How can you be so sure.As i said they like it here,more then the time spent with us.
    Weird,i never ever meet a player that said they wanted to start in a new server.
    Perhaps making another client for the US server,like every other language has.The new players will still go there,but aleast our remaining population will probably think twice before creating an account to play there,i guess.The Steam could advertise for both servers,most likely it's impossibile now so waiting to see what happens remains the only option.

Colonello wrote:

Nos UK has been like this for ages idk why u guys are over reacting now.

Besides school has just started in most of countries, also it "might" get abit more active within few weeks when new server hype ends & most of ppl from Holiday returns.

For now let the newbies enjoy the new server.
    Not true,it was bad,but not worse then it is now,only 3 staks on bazar with 100k speaker each,don't get me started with the rest of the prices.

josh218 wrote:

Morgoth I've got the same opinion as you man. Theres so much people crying about it, and it's literally giving me cancer. -.- ... Cant believe you have to put up with threads like this @.@ .. Dude, it was bound to happen.. whats happening is completely normal, UK isnt going to die, its just going to have a peak on US for a few months.

josh218 wrote:

its just going to have a peak on US for a few months.
    :lol:

Well atleast you admit you don't care about UK server.
    Say what you feel,it's not being rude.It's being real.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Pinkamena ().

• well let me just suggest something it may be better or worse but here's what i thought to solve this problem
    so we created 3rd server in this server everything will be merged including nosbassar item(this nosbassar item could only be used in the 3rd server itself once bought but if you bought the item from uk/us server you can used it on representative server)for eg:A(from uk serv)bought medal from B(us server) so A can only used the medal for 3rd server. so if let's say A(uk player)bought medal from B(uk player) that medal can be used on server 3 and uk server?..
    so in this 3rd server every uk/us player can used their respective characters they wish to use basically to say merging together?idk maybe alot of flaws and stuff but i just typed in whatever come to my mind...
  • Pinkamena wrote:

Morgoth wrote:

As always nobody forces you to change server but also nobody forces you to stay on a server.
    That's irrelevant,we stay or leave based on the server activity and economy,nobody i know will stay in a server where is only a handfull of players there.

Morgoth wrote:

Give it some significant time. If let's say in 1 month from now UK is back to normal then all of your current panic will be pointless.

Account transfers through servers haven't been possible for 10 years now so I kind of doubt that will happen any time soon.
    In addition to that transferring your high level character in a new server would be unfair right now anyway.

As tay mentioned a lot of people kept asking for a second server for years now. I guess you can never really please everyone. =/
    How can you be so sure.As i said they like it here,more then the time spent with us.Weird,i never ever meet a player that said they wanted to start in a new server.
    Perhaps making another client for the US server,like every other language has.The new players will still go there,but aleast our remaining population will probably think twice before creating an account to play there,i guess.The Steam could advertise for both servers,most likely it's impossibile now so waiting to see what happens remains the only option.

It is relevant, people somewhat make it sound like we put a knife on their throat and told them to move to the new server. What I am pointing out is that it is within each person's decision to move or not.
    Also keep in mind that it is not just the players you don't see much around but their alt army being afk in nosville as well.

I am not sure, but same way you guys are sure people will never come back I can say that they will be back after some significant time pass.

Not sure if those topics were deleted with the new forum but I can ensure you there have been several threads in the past about opening a new server and were quite popular and a lot of people agreed they wanted a second server.

Can't disagree with that but I believe it wouldn't stop people from moving right?

invisibleman wrote:

well let me just suggest something it may be better or worse but here's what i thought to solve this problem
    so we created 3rd server in this server everything will be merged including nosbassar item(this nosbassar item could only be used in the 3rd server itself once bought but if you bought the item from uk/us server you can used it on representative server)for eg:A(from uk serv)bought medal from B(us server) so A can only used the medal for 3rd server. so if let's say A(uk player)bought medal from B(uk player) that medal can be used on server 3 and uk server?..
    so in this 3rd server every uk/us player can used their respective characters they wish to use basically to say merging together?idk maybe alot of flaws and stuff but i just typed in whatever come to my mind...
    I could go crazy and even suggest a cross-server to combine all servers' nosbasars that would solve any kind of economic issues.
  • You know, if a lot of people DO leave and never come back and this server starts looking dead.... Wouldn't that be like our server is the new one now and lots of people can starts over with us? Its not death, its rebirth. A vicious cycle of rebirth that can only perpetuate if people allow one of the 2 servers to stop having high levels everywhere.

Assume this server doesn't seem to die and people keep playing on their high level characters, characters on the new server eventually are also flooded with high level characters and there is nothing preventing people from logging onto their old accounts here.
  • @Morgoth XD dont go crazy yet it may be awesome haha..nosbassars thingy not a real problem XD the problem started from nos$ rate > reduction of player > now migrating to us serv problems(which also reducing of uk players) XD

@Ruff well ya i do agree with some of your statement...it's easy to say but some who are like me taking their time playing as slow as possible like me.currently im still lvl 88 in uk after been playing for 4~5 years taking it leisurely hunting,do quest,afk and stuff...it's just a game for leisure but the time spend is alot and after you knew alot of players already in uk server alone.. so isn't it gonna be sad if you just saw others migrate to other server?and dont you think if those players already enjoyed themselves in active us server they have this desired to stay there and just like checking on uk server like 1x a week or stuff?idk it's just my opinion but having to start all over again for 4~5 years i dont think so...even when i started uk there are people who are already lvl 80s(which is quite hard to reach already)

ohh ya btw there's no guarantee...as most uk have some different tz.eg some players who have their holiday currently will soon come back...and after they come back the other parts of the world players may have their holiday and stuff...so it's quite hard as it may go on cycle...
  • Morgoth wrote:

Aridelek wrote:

Now I'm very sad that i have moved here because now I spend my free time to UK serv where nobody playing now. Great job :/
    I'll move to US server it would be no problem! but who'll give me promise that year later This US server'll be active as already hm? what kind of move is it?
    Why Nostale support didn't do something diffrent like idk maybe ASK PLAYERS "WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT NEW SERVER"

"New serv'll give new players a chance, it would be fair" what chance hmm?
    In UK they have all items on NB, high level players always helping in raids, missions etc. Also you have ready family to glace,raids,lod.
    Okay someone can say that people want to be in the top. For what reason? they'll get a reward or something like that? it's sick..

Better chance hours of Land of Death and stop dig your own grave.

God....
    But if Gameforge made a poll about it to ask the players considering majority is currently trying the new server then most of the votes would be "Yes we want a new server".Either way as I said before if they did not open new servers it would make steam release a bit pointless for them.
    Example:
    Person A: "yo man this "new" MMO is out on steam lets try it out!"
    Person B: "sure why not we can give it a try"
    -Both realize the game and the server is 10 years old-
    Probably with 80% chance:
    Person A & B: "ok never mind I don't want to start a MMO with everyone being so advanced"

19% chance:
    Person A & B try the game out for 1 week and then leave it cause everyone ignore them and low level areas are bit empty

1% chance:
    They both stay.
    Well ,u are pretty wrong by my oppinion, they all wrong the person who thinks being w/ bigger levels is a bad thing, as i said i was willing helping any 1 of them , would be way easier , i dont wanna see UK so inactive so far, i wanna see the server w. new players like i saw US no1 said no1 will help , if u guys put the over all , into some who willing to help its bad , thats we all do in our lifes ,putting the some who willing to help into same room w/ the guys dont have mood to help , like wtf, wat can u do in this times while no1 in arena , and no raids LOOOL , cmon lets be realist dude , u guys just think damn wrong , i dont like how it went , after all we have big nos$ prices and things like that we make a new server , ok i get "some" asked for new server , but if u are low bie u must go and do quest , whats wrong on see the olthers bigger lvls, i started this game like 7-8 years ago , i saw alot old players , i used to be called nub , or ignored BUT U KNOW i had like 5-10 players who was bigger lvl, and if u being friendly,and u know how to make friends u can just being respected even if u low lvl or not, like cmon.. u guys just think what overall will do , just give me the chance i can help them since they did lv 55+ so far on US ?!?1 Wait that means actually no1 helped them but they used to eat free for all , all did by thier self , and do alot of questes... Its kinda bad how u the "i dont wanan eat w/ 90+" like cmon its kinda bad thinked u just gotta do some shout outs in general , i bet some1 willing to help u, anyways i said im willing to help how much i can all of em, since wat i can do is just give some advince and help at some TS lol , lets be real ,i could just repeat my self more and more but i said enough. Hope they will wake up and come UK we dont need another Server to play , What they mean is they would go arena and cant kill us 90+ or wat, lol guys lets be real ,no1 killing u in nosville ,im kinda mad rn ,just cuz u guys "saved" us by just create new server just like that , its funny at all , make new server yes new ideea LOL , for wat dudes?? for kill the acutally server more and more , this who quitted UK , they just cant be realist and just saying "OH I CAN GO US BE OP RIGHT THERE, W/O ANY SP OMG !!!" imagine lods( land of deaths) in this lowbies , w/ ranger +0 20 job , =)))))))) lets be real dudes, just a wast of time while they could join our server.Alot thanks for GameForge or who ever thinks this is an solution to make UK better or any olther server.We asked for help on UK , i guess we gotta wait anoher 10 years for help UK rn , ah okay deal , dont count me in anymore in another 2-3 years ,and its not just me its alot more who will give up just waiting for things can be made right next weeks or just being realist,
  • I just find it ironic that the only people who are opposed to the people who are raging about this are the ones who quit UK ages ago, why even bother to argue with us if you don't even play the game and aren't affected by it?
    You can't sit there and say "well we don't put a knife to your throat to force you to play the new server" ofc you don't, but by creating the new server and not paying any attention to UK in it's dying state, you aren't really leaving us a choice. Nobody wants to play on a dying server and there's really no downside to higher levels being transferred to US "ohh people don't want to play a game with people already high level" who ever says that to themselves? lol I sure as hell don't. If I was a new player, starting a new game, I would be like "wow that guy looks so awesome at that high levels, I inspire to be like that!"
    and when you said "

"19% chance:
    Person A & B try the game out for 1 week and then leave it cause everyone ignore them and low level areas are bit empty"

??? the new players who are currently on this server would remain having the lower levels active.

Lastly, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that UK has been dying for years. last year same thing happened, I expected a ton of players to come back during holidays, instead a bunch just left and it didn't get better.
    I shouldn't have to wait MONTHS just to play a game I enjoy because GMs are being too stubborn to do something about it's dying state.
    If I have to wait months for a "chance" of it becoming active again, I can sure as hell tell you I won't be here and i'm sure many other players will quit in those "months" aswell. I've waited and waited for this game to hopefully pick up being active again, it has failed every single time tbh. I was excited for the steam release because I thought a ton of player would come to UK, but nope.. yet again on ANOTHER release, I got disappointed. I think it's time to listen to the players guys.
  • Opening new servers always has certain advantages and disadvantages -
    For example if you want to get more people interested in NosTale who might've never played it before or didn't play for a long time due to whatever reasons (e.g. because they found no place in a community or felt oppressed by its establishment) having a new server can motivate them to play. For example because it's fun to form a new community, have some sort of similar chance compared to the rest (of course some say Free2Play never grants equality, but it might be still easier to find your place after all since there's not necessarily a fixed structure already).
    At the same time people who never intended to switch servers or were playing already on a server you'd call less populated might feel it'll get even worse like that since even people from the previous server run to the new one while less people might start there at the same time. That can be the case, but of course there's still a difference between 'first enthusiasm' and remaining on a server.

Some time ago we had in Aion 4 new servers and only one of them got accepted by the community in the end. They still criticize that there're less people on the old servers and that the new ones partly have no chance either, but in the end it's still not just black or white, but more complicated.
    For example those who stopped playing because they didn't like the community wouldn't have continued probably anyway, as well as it might be too simple to assume that many things change in the end. Some things remain to be a matter of time in the end.

When you're sad and no one knows it,
    I'll send you Black Roses...
  • Pinkamena wrote:

josh218 wrote:

its just going to have a peak on US for a few months.
    :lol:
    Well atleast you admit you don't care about UK server.

lol .. I dont know why so much people are crying about it. People dont like change because they get used to where they are. Even if the change is beneficial for the game. It's not that I dont care about the game, I just expected people to start crying lol. It's the most basic thing to understand, new server, more population for a few months, nothing hard to understand.

invisibleman wrote:

i really do understand most uk player rage?.. XD as im also one of them as well...at this point now we cant retract everything that have been done.so let's just wait for months will see whether uk will server will be wipe out or will stay alive...from most what i've asked my friend they said they rather stay uk cause first they have spend alot of nos$ on it if they moved in us and invest there chances of uk server might get deleted is high and those investment will be pointless...while few of my friends said they are switching characters(playing on both sides instead of choosing 1 )so if let's say the uk server dead or such they already have new prepared char in other serv.im really on the first one too...let's just hope they will do something cause the hardwork had to be paid off if most uk migrate to us and uk server were left lifeless it will be pointless as some players from global(other closing servers) have been thorugh this kind of experience so 2nd time is kinda difficult for them to handle.

@josh218 you are king of nab so you dont mind alt sssssss im gonna be your cancer alt y
    and hi invisible xD

Tyvm for the Epic Siggy Darkness !~
    Mage-josh218 Lv 90 |Rm +9|Holy +11| Bm +10|Dg+5|Volcano+5|Tl|Seer+Eight|Pirate +15|Chicken+14|Pj+13|Jaja+5
    Archer-Josh2180 Lv 84|Ranger + 5| Sin+13| Des|Wk +1|Scout|Pj +9
    Swordsman-YoshiXD Lv 78 |War + 6|Blade + 4|Sader + 10| Zerk +5|Glad|Pj +9
    Adventurer-Josh21801 Lv 70|Pirate +15|Pj +13
  • I know that this thread will not change anything and that's makes me sad as you see a lot of players feel the same like me.
    I feel very sad that i have trusted UK Nostale because now, I've lost maybe 73 hours of my free time (i'm wroking and i have school so this time is very important) to move to dying server...

I'll understand it when idk this serv will have status "full", if this server will have too much people. BUT IT DOESN'T. I just can't ...
  • I don't really see anything wrong with a new server, if people leave to go play on the new server it is because they wanted to. No one is forced to, you can't say you are practically forced to because your friends went to it because your friends weren't forced to either. New players can choose to start on the old server if they want to, or on the new one. People on the old server being upset that others are choosing to play on the new one instead....well they should be allowed to choose right? Its their choice. Ultimately if the new server is doing well it helps Nostale servers live longer right? Haven't we had people switch servers across all the old ones in the past? I didn't see any complaints when people asked what the rates were here and if they could join our server instead....

GMs don't really have the power to revitalize the community population. The community itself is the only thing that has that kind of power.
  • Don't know what some of you think how they could've handled the steam release, the fact is power creep and a top-heavy playerbase in a MMO is a big deal-breaker for the average player, its a problem many old mmo's whom's new player injection is low for too long trying to modernise faces.

Catch 22 really, players (like me) stopped playing due to the severe decline in activity and yet new players don't have that much interest in playing on a server dominated by the old-guard such as myself, so a brand new server makes sense in this context.

- Darlequinn
  • I play in uk server almost 1 year and i like this game. It's fun, i don't hope uk server really dying. so we can do something to save uk server??
    There is some idea and problem i saw in our server.
    1.reseller
    i know some ppl earn money by this. Please stop it. Reseller keep many items, it make ppl hard to buy something which they want. If ppl really need that items, they will need to use more money. So the price is become higher and higher.

2. spend many time to become strong
    As we know, u need to prepare some buff when u mobbing 5.2 and act6. Player work hard and become 90, they can't quickly to mobbing in 5.2. They need to waste many time to prepare the buff. So we need more double exp event(In other country, is many for example HK server)

3.after 5.2 the monster is super strong
    GM are consider the sp balance. So can u put more hp/defence to player. So they will not easy to dead, it means they can do more thing. I know many 90 player nothing can do due to they are no strong.

4.New player
    i saw many comments said that we are nice and helping new player. So can we just let them know old player can give u a lot of help...maybe we can help them do some ts, open some low lv raid. Let them feel fun, i think they will stay in here. I know new player is hard to find a family.(almost of family need to 70+) So i suggest old player can open family for new player. They can talk to family chat or do some lod.

If more ppl get some chance, uk server will become normal.

Finally, sorry for my bad English and i know some opinion may have problem or difficult to do. Welcome comments, Hope uk server as soon as back to the original.
  • SUPERYELLOWCAR wrote:

you guys are so stupid. nostale is an online solommo. u gotta achieve everything solo or with 1-2 friends.
    And this post proves you wear the crown of stupidity...You should try to be politer next time.
    You dont have to achieve everything solo. Doing various stuff with fam is great,but then again, truly good families are rare nowadays.
    I have the luck to know family,where we support each other and we are having fun in this game.
  • Hope_uk wrote:

3.after 5.2 the monster is super strong
    GM are consider the sp balance. So can u put more hp/defence to player. So they will not easy to dead, it means they can do more thing. I know many 90 player nothing can do due to they are no strong.
    we all had sane lv of equips available to us at the times of these updates, act5.2 mobs or act6 mobs have never been an issue, when act5 was 1st released we had access to lv85-88 equips which the prove is ingame was enough to tackle this act, we then got act5.2 with lv90 equips available to us this was enough to tackle act5.2, we then got act6 with lv95-96 equip available to us this was more than enough to tackle act6, we then got act6.2 lv95-96 equips tackle it too easly champ equips even better, i dont see an issue about mob strength/difficulty
  • Well,i gave up and went to the US server.
    Don't know how much i'll stay here but its certainly better then the UK one.It kinda sadden me that nobody share any empathy for all these players that wasted their time and their REAL LIFE MONEY just so they can enjoy a dieing server,but whatever i guess.If it isn't greedy moneyaker method for GF then who cares.
    Anyway as a final suggestion to this thread,someone mentioned making the bazar for both server,maybe it's not a bad ideea afterall.
    Say what you feel,it's not being rude.It's being real.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Pinkamena ().