Debugging

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I think when you look for new ideas you shouldn't always try think of wild things and complete changes. Why make it hard, when slight changes can already make gameplay more pleasant.

For instance, fix the god awful dialogue in the game. The game actually has a really interesting storyline and for new players especially, it might be nice reading text that actually makes sense. In many cases it's fine, but there are often situations where you have no clue what just happened. Make it read like an actual story, this feels like some messy google translate job most of the time. You already have the base for it, it's just about rereading it and changing the flavour text.

Secondly, why is there a gold cap? I cannot imagine that adding more digits to your inventory gold or to the bazar sale is such a difficult job. I've never hard coded anything more than a website and some java programs, but I honestly can't see why you can't have a person sit down for half a day and change the digits in a few spots of the game. Especially with the act 6 eq now hitting sums that go into multiple billions.

This also goes hand in hand with the increased friendlist/blacklist. It's just about changing numbers in the code, I cannot understand what's so difficult about it. If I'm mistaken about my assumption of it being easy, then I apologize, but then we - the players would like to hear back from you, tell us why you can't change something, tell us the problem. It gives us faith.

Lately the game really feels like it's lacking dedication on your part. I mean wow, you introduced more high level content, great. But what about those absolutely useless raid seals that drop all the time? If you aren't going to fix it, can you not get rid of them? You already forgot about the Zenas seal from the lab quest, so don't add even more junk drops that can't be used.

One improvement that would be quite dear to me is a revamp of the Raidboxes. It would be really nice if you could differentiate raidboxes from one another. Firstly that would allow you to filter in bazar and secondly it would make the whole trading part easier. You can be creative, Like call it Desert Robbers Lootbag, Jelly Jar, Ginseng Pot, Chicken Nest, Sakura's gift, Draco's Treasure, etc. I thought these things up as I was typing, 0 thought before and most are already easy to understand and it doesn't even have to be that kind of format. Anything would be fine, as long as not every box is called Raidbox.

I hope I didn't rant for too long and that someone actually bothers to read this, if not it's fine, if yes then it's also fine. Least I got it off my chest.
      Archer: Ranger +15, Sin +15, Des +15, WK +15, CS +15, Scout +15, DH +15, AA +15
      Swordie: War +15, Blade +15, Sader +15, Zerk +15, Gladi +15, Monk +15, (buying +15 DR/Rene)
      Mage: RM +15, Holy +15, BM +15, DG +15, Vulc +15, TL +15, +15 Seer, AM +15
      Neutral: PJ +15, KFC +15, Pirate +15, Jaja +15
    • I also agree with everything said here, there's also alot of other stuff that needs to be changed, but sometimes I feel like the people responsible for these shortcomings are just waiting for the game to die and never listen to the consumers mass opinions which have become facts.
    • You could even outsource the storyline to the players. Make it an event. Post the pure dialogue on the forum and whoever rewrites it the best wins.
      Sure that's a little more effort but it promotes community and commitment. It would maybe even make the forum more active again.
      Swordie: War +15, Blade +15, Sader +15, Zerk +15, Gladi +15, Monk +15, (buying +15 DR/Rene)
    • meanwhule they make "up to date translations"
      Lv67 dagger old name: kriss
      New:kriss
      Lv72 old: wave pattern dagger
      New:shadow kriss
      Sorry for saying this but GTFO WITH YOUR "up to date translation" whoever had this idea,u rlly had to remove "fresh" from"fresh milk" but couldnt do ur job conpletely and it still shows old name in chat when you loot,i even speakered there will be something like quests showing old name and having no clue what item is it for newbies cuz hey new name,but even the chat guys?searching in 0817637281827 quests is hard but THE CHAT? Even i can do a better job
    • Yeah, it seems they are investing work hours in places where it is completely unnecessary.