Weapon stats and shell stats - shedding some light

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Weapon stats and shell stats - shedding some light

      Differences between weapon stats and shell stats.

      I've been wondering this for a while (as in, a few years) but does anyone know the myths and truths regarding what applies when.

      Example 1: wand says reduces res by 10. Now I use my spellgun to attack, I believe that effect carries over. It did back in the day anyway. I remember using a Winslet crossbow while playing war and it boosted the dmg due to its res reduce. Does that still apply?

      What if both main and alt weapon decrease the same type of res. Does it stack or does the higher one apply?

      Example 2: I now get a shell on both weapons, on my main weapon I have res reduce on the shell but I'm using my alt weapon. Does that carry over?
      If not, does it depend on the type of the stat like S skill carries and A skill does not.

      I know that for SL it uses whichever SLs are higher should you have two of the same type.

      I think that sums it up for now. I'd appreciate any thoughts. Thanks.
      Archer: Ranger +15, Sin +15, Des +15, WK +15, CS +15, Scout +15, DH +15, AA +15
      Swordie: War +15, Blade +15, Sader +15, Zerk +15, Gladi +15, Monk +15, (buying +15 DR/Rene)
      Mage: RM +15, Holy +15, BM +15, DG +15, Vulc +15, TL +15, +15 Seer, AM +15
      Neutral: PJ +15, KFC +15, Pirate +15, Jaja +15
    • Weapon Stats (I refer to them as Weapon Orange Stats for clarity,) apply to both main weapon and secondary weapon, so yes they do stack, as an example, if your Main Weapon has ress reduce by 10 and your secondary is also reducing ress by 10, they'll stack to 20, or another example is you could have a wand with : 25% chance to deal 25% more damage, and your spellgun could have 25% chance to deal 25% more damage, this will equivalte to 50% chance to do 50% more damage, same thing with Wild Sound flower buffs, the 10 minute buff that gives 100% chance of increasing damage by 10% will then give you 100% chance of increasing damage by 60%.

      In Example 2, nothing else but SL stats carry over, so if you have ress reduce or something like freeze on your main weapon, it wont apply to your secondary regardless of its grade.
    • thanks for the thorough reply.

      So % damage increase is a matter of addition?

      Say main weapon has 20% chance for 30% dmg and alt weapon 15% chance to do 25% dmg. If you simply add them that would be 35% chance for 55% dmg, however if they would apply individually, as in both apply by its own chance then you could get a dmg buff that varies.
      So Here is one outcome with addition:
      35% to do 55% dmg

      It would also be interesting to know if they apply separately in order. Like at first the one weapon increases by 30% and after that the second weapon increases the already higher damage again by 25% which would then add up to a higher damage than a single 55% increase. If so then it would be nice to know in which order this happens.
      And here we would have 3 outcomes:
      20% to do 30% dmg
      15% to do 25% dmg
      20% to do 30% and then increase further by 25% at a chance of 15% or vice versa.

      Unrelated yet related, if you then have a shell with %dmg, does that simply add on to that or is that separate and calculated first/last, swing that it is an effect that should apply at all times. When using a SP that uses the weapon on which the shell is on.

      Thanks for clearing the first part up, sorry for the strange questions.
      Archer: Ranger +15, Sin +15, Des +15, WK +15, CS +15, Scout +15, DH +15, AA +15
      Swordie: War +15, Blade +15, Sader +15, Zerk +15, Gladi +15, Monk +15, (buying +15 DR/Rene)
      Mage: RM +15, Holy +15, BM +15, DG +15, Vulc +15, TL +15, +15 Seer, AM +15
      Neutral: PJ +15, KFC +15, Pirate +15, Jaja +15