Fairies & Nosmates EXP

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Fairies & Nosmates EXP

Eventually I resolved my concerns bits by bits with help from outside ressources & experimentations.
      In case anybody else might benefit from them, I'll write them down.

1- Fairy

Correction from the Official Helper :
      Fairy gain EXP from killing mobs which LVL ranges +/-15 player's Combat LVL.
      Not at least 10 above !

However Fairy won't gain EXP by killing mobs in Nosville !
      TS LVL1 will do the trick though, for it's technically not part of the map.

2- Nosmates

I did not encounter any formula for Pets & Partners XP mechanism.

Apparently they'll simply gain EXP from killing mobs on an unknown % basis.
      Nosmates won't divide player's EXP gain.
      Attack mode won't interfere either, whether player and Nosmates band together or attack solo.

However... there are rumors the greater the LVL difference between player and Nosmate, the slower Nosmate's EXP % gain.
      I couldn't verify such data, clue anyone ?

------------------------------
      Original Post

Hi,
      I've got 2 questions regarding fairies & nosmates lvling up mechanisms.

1- Fairy
      I'm having a weird experience leveling up my Fairy (Basic).

Up until now I've been xping job lvl with TS1 at LVL10 Adventurer. Mobs were LVL 1-2, the fairy was gaining exp as supposed to.
      I swapped to TS5 when I got back on a couple quests & up to LVL14, the xp gain was still regular with mobs LVL 4-5.
      Basically killed mobs were under the 10-lower level limitation for the fairy to xp.

But now I went back on the TS1 with me being LVL14... And the fairy is still lvling up even though mobs are LVL 1-2, thus above the 10 level difference.

Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled, but concerned I didn't understand the mechanism at all.
      Or is it something peculiar that happens when an Adventurer-Class equips a fairy ?

2 - Nosmates

Simply put, is there a formula to Pets & Partners lvling up ?
      And a slight concern of mine, does xping Nosmates divide the Player's own experience gain ?
      (Not talking Attack/Defense Levels with Pet Trainers, but merely Combat LVL)

Thanks for your help,
      Enjoy your game ~

The post was edited 5 times, last by Orphew: Resolved with outside ressources ().

• Orphew wrote:

However... there are rumors the greater the LVL difference between player and Nosmate, the slower Nosmate's EXP % gain.
      I couldn't verify such data, clue anyone ?
      Does it matter?

What I mean by that is:
      You want your nosmates to level as quickly as possible.
      They cannot be a higher level than your character.
      At a higher level your pets need more EXP to level up (clearly, because getting from 1 to 2 takes longer than 11 to 12).

My personal advice is:
      If you just bought a new pet (level 1), and you're like level 90.
      You don't have the gold to buy 84 gourmet pet food (levels your nosmate 1 level per food, up to 85, since you're 90).
      Or you do and you want to save a bit of gold.
      Use delicious nosmate food (available at eva energy) on your pet until the EXP it gains is so low it costs too much food.
      Then you can use your pet while you're killing monsters to have them level up.
      (this doesn't work on partners, they don't have cheap nosmate food).

If you want to level your nosmates faster, you can use Guardian Angel's Blessing to have them gain 50% more EXP for an hour.
      For fairys there's Fairy Experience Potion.
    • What bothers me the most is the fact that partners gain experience slower than pets.

I quite like having my pet and partner just one level below me, but you quickly notice that your partner gets less exp than your pet which makes leveling him more annoying. Makes my OCD kick in all the time :/
      Archer: Ranger +15, Sin +15, Des +15, WK +15, CS +15, Scout +15, DH +15, AA +15
      Swordie: War +15, Blade +15, Sader +15, Zerk +15, Gladi +15, Monk +15, (buying +15 DR/Rene)
      Mage: RM +15, Holy +15, BM +15, DG +15, Vulc +15, TL +15, +15 Seer, AM +15
      Neutral: PJ +15, KFC +15, Pirate +15, Jaja +15
    • It's fine at low levels, but starting around lv 60 you'll start using BoA because you'll do LoD (anyone not using BoA in LoD is wasting time in my opinion) and then the 50% increase for pets is nothing compared to the 100% increase for players.
      Swordie: War +15, Blade +15, Sader +15, Zerk +15, Gladi +15, Monk +15, (buying +15 DR/Rene)
    • When you get to lv 90 you also want your partner to be lv 90, because mobbing with a lv 85 partner means it has 85 eq at best. Which is completely underpowered for mobbing. So all you're left with is asking some high lv to make you a lv 90 partner, which is very costy.
    • DawnOfRoses wrote:

When you get to lv 90 you also want your partner to be lv 90, because mobbing with a lv 85 partner means it has 85 eq at best. Which is completely underpowered for mobbing. So all you're left with is asking some high lv to make you a lv 90 partner, which is very costy.
      nah u mainly use your pets to tank the mob so u walk out of it get all agro on pets and attack it
    • Beside you have Yertirand Raid to get those level 83/5 equipment so it good enough ;s

Having partner for mobbing is useful as well due to having PSP like
      • venus to increase EXP
      • Maru to increase Dodge
      • Foxy to increase CD to reuse skill
      • Aegir to tank the mob and received X% of the damage from mob for X secs
      (depend on skill cd/level of buff)

Want a Siggy? Private message me Must provide a screenshot