About our server sad future

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• @Bravious ya i do agree with you..but here's the qn i've seen some people suggesting to let nos go into steam why is that so?isnt it if they go into steam their profit/income will go to steam itself instead of gf?i mean ya something should be done but if they are moving to steam dont you think all char will be remade/start from lvl 1/fresh too?that way alot of high nosmall investor will leave..?like nos global they invest and closed down...those who migrate from there start from fresh and in the end some of them play till certain lvl and quit XD. just saying

and for this thread i think is better if you farm mobs according to your level because some mobs have a chance to drop eqp and btw most high lvl did not make 1 bil at a time.they set their eqp in ps in order for other player to make an offer well you could say auction higher offer get it up..

as for shells and stuff i dont really care as my main objective not for pvp :) i mean ya will do once i feel like it
  • A game moving to steam doesn't mean a character wipe. Can happen, but really shouldn't. I've played a few games that moved and none had a wipe.

Generally what happens is that steam buys the game or the rights of it and they take over. They will still have to buy updates and that from entwell, the only difference is that steam tends to take care and listen more to its players which in return would mean they put more pressure on developers.

Small updates and bug fixes they can do themselves I believe but things like getting a new act has to run via the company that created the game. Unless it's a complete buyout.

You cannot put the sole responsibility for the game on the company that runs it. Other servers and by that I don't mean private ones, often have a much more decent player community. I often compare U.K. To DE because I am bilingual but if you look at them you can quickly see the differences. Both are run by gameforge.
    Archer (lv 1): Ranger +15, Sin +15, Des +15, WK +15, CS +15, Scout +15, DH +15, AA +15
    Swordie (lv 63): War +15, Blade +15, Sader +15, Zerk +15, Gladi +15, Monk +15, +15 DR, +15 Rene
    Mage (lv 91+7): RM +15, Holy +15, BM +15, DG +15, Vulc +15, TL +15, +15 Seer, AM +15
    Neutral: PJ +15, KFC +15, Pirate +15, Jaja +15
  • Yeah, it would be an absolute outrage and a joke if they decided to cut off the current player-base by losing all our accounts and data before switching over, people lose trust if their accound data isn't even safe in the developers hand, and with Act 6.2 releasing I really doubt they'd start us over due to the major hours players spent grinding after releasing the update.
    Also im quoting my friend on this but he said that games that join Steam have the spotlight for like a week and be featured which would be a great jump start, I don't use steam so I wouldn't be sure myself but anyways, steam has a wide player base and it'll always be a matter of time till a player scrolls and finds a game like ours, I think it would also be safe to espect a new trailer for the game too and even maybe some first day updates.
  • Just wanted to clarify: We will go on Steam soon, but there will be no character wipe! Everyone will keep their chars.
    Also, Steam is a huge platform where the game will be available (as well as via standalone clients as usual), but the publisher (GF) / dev (Entwell) don't change.
    More info about this should follow soon :)
  • Lady Sky wrote:

Just wanted to clarify: We will go on Steam soon, but there will be no character wipe! Everyone will keep their chars.
    Also, Steam is a huge platform where the game will be available (as well as via standalone clients as usual), but the publisher (GF) / dev (Entwell) don't change.
    Hmm , sounds nice,thanks for the reply i apreciate ^^

@Bravious Dont worry buddy , steam show up the new games will be added/ or that are new so we have some chances people might like this game they have extremly alot of people that might never heared of Nostale, because nostale aint as populare as Dota2 or CS;GO or anything else there are player that are searching for a nice MMORPG game , i was searching for one too but , tbh there is no game as good as Nostale in my oppinion , all we need is more player, more activity and some help from nosmallers atleast keep the rate 1:60 would be fine in my oppinion we dont wanna get as SE server or idk who said there are 1:230k nos alt o thats kinda bad anyways since the nos gets 1:100 bye bye ;) im out. And Thanks again @Lady Sky i apreciate ur answer i hope i'll see the NosTale soon on steam. Have a nice day u all ^^ . Best Regards !!
    It's me the "greedy" UK fighter

Hi.I'm UrCandy<3 or Stefan , nice to meet you !

"People will pay for their behavior at the right time" ^^
    Haters gonna hate =)

The post was edited 1 time, last by NarutoDreams ().

• Lady Sky wrote:

Just wanted to clarify: We will go on Steam soon, but there will be no character wipe! Everyone will keep their chars.
    The first good news in ages!
    Archer (lv 1): Ranger +15, Sin +15, Des +15, WK +15, CS +15, Scout +15, DH +15, AA +15
    Swordie (lv 63): War +15, Blade +15, Sader +15, Zerk +15, Gladi +15, Monk +15, +15 DR, +15 Rene
    Mage (lv 91+7): RM +15, Holy +15, BM +15, DG +15, Vulc +15, TL +15, +15 Seer, AM +15
    Neutral: PJ +15, KFC +15, Pirate +15, Jaja +15
  • wait so if we are goin there is it we need to created steam account sooner or later or we can just use nos id and pass to login there?i've unactive steam acc with the same id and pass with nos XD i hope it is not overlapped...
    2ndly will this forum be closed if they moved?does that we might not have advent calender event/hunting easter egg on forum and such anymore?XD
    3rd .gg to multi client people?XD
    my qn all should be in spoiler mode XD but feel free to ans if you feel like it(spoilt it hehe) @Lady Sky
    i'm also worried about the old G.M here...if we changed that means we can expect new gm will take over it
  • Yup this is great news, I'd really appreciate any little announcement going on to keep me off the edge as I love to be kept updated on info like NosTale being on Steam.
    Also if NosTale is still in-tact with GF like Lady Sky said then I guess it's pretty much just another way of downloading the game/finding us via steam, so things like multi clienting and everything else I assume should be the same, not 100% sure on forums, maybe we'll even just have the current team working here as usual and another new set of staff answering questions and posts on steams forums.
    But anyways if it's all soon then I'll glady be waiting to see the future for our game, hopefully in a few months or so? If any date gets announced, be sure to keep us updated if possible, thanks. @Lady Sky
  • Atleast i dont have to download steam just for one game.Although i believe that this new platform won't save the game,i wont mind if i'd be wrong.Stil some bug solving in the last minute will be welcomed.
    ~All the things she said ~
    ~All the things she said~
    ~Running through my head~
  • Pinkamena wrote:

Atleast i dont have to download steam just for one game.Although i believe that this new platform won't save the game,i wont mind if i'd be wrong.Stil some bug solving in the last minute will be welcomed.
    Steam has a big community of players may search for a good game they dont find, and 90% who use steam are people that would nosmall , so we might have new mallers, lets hope it will be a good save.Lets just hope !! ^^

Haters gonna hate =)
  • Gonna speak as a former player

This game is old, and of course all old things either get renewed or just let die. Going to steam is a renewal thing because would bring more players... but meanwhile... what?

Another reason of the lack of activity is people grows up, and the grown people usually crash with new and younger ones, because of their personalities and such (in my personal case, I couldnt stand the competitivity and insults from youngster, for I left)

Now as teamler:

We staff member of course should do some mini events to break monothony, but as someone said, there are real life stuff, and even reasons that go out of our "current power". In example, I used to host the easter event but unfortunately this year couldnt do it because of current situation of my country.

What you can do then? You can contact us suggesting activities doable by team members. If they're factible, could be done for you.

Go ahead with your suggestions :)

• I find the main problem being game moderators getting power trips and banning players for no reason. We would still be fairly active if this didn't happen. But what can you do when all the gms are also in game players, of course there's bound to be unfairness.
    Also how hard it is to make gold in this game, grinding for months 10+ hours a day and then to have it all wasted because of getting unlucky.
  • ghostheadnebula wrote:

Gonna speak as a former player

This game is old, and of course all old things either get renewed or just let die. Going to steam is a renewal thing because would bring more players... but meanwhile... what?
    Haha,as a player i would hope for a better future in case i still have a flame of enjoy for this game,if not hope im negative and say ehhhh let it die...Lets just hope better be positive.Also i got that u all have ur own normal lifes or own lifes we all do but atleast afk there i dont get whats bad in afking in vilage, we dont eat GMs at all or host a Cuby raid a day or 1 at a year wont take a year to make it at all players will apreciate that atleast see GMs give a s*** about us, tho i dont wanna be rude or sth , but im no the only one would like to see u guys near us atleast afk idm.. but i didnt saw any of us for months .I'm sorry in case u feel like im rude or sth , but im just have some enjoyment on this game still, untill it will die, i just think there can be some ways can make people nosmall, prices can be change,there can be Prices % OFF of nosmall not just at damn roulette ,some people just use roulette so they increast up the damn Nos$ rate , the rate will go damn 200:1k lets see who will join that kind of game,and if GF does that please tell em its a damn idiot idea to add PRICES OFF % or double spin or anything that doesnt help the game just make it worse , no nosmallers that use it just buy items ,idk maybe im wrong but thats wat it happend last few years, from 1:30-40 to damn 1:75-80,so its not good soon will be 100k wat people will do ?? Quit ;) the 1:60 price used to be kinda not bad at all but since they increast more and more is not kinda nice.Sorry again maybe im wrong but thats wat i see.

Haters gonna hate =)
  • invisibleman wrote:

wait so if we are goin there is it we need to created steam account sooner or later or we can just use nos id and pass to login there?i've unactive steam acc with the same id and pass with nos XD i hope it is not overlapped...
    2ndly will this forum be closed if they moved?does that we might not have advent calender event/hunting easter egg on forum and such anymore?XD
    3rd .gg to multi client people?XD
    my qn all should be in spoiler mode XD but feel free to ans if you feel like it(spoilt it hehe) @Lady Sky
    i'm also worried about the old G.M here...if we changed that means we can expect new gm will take over it
    You will still be able to login via standalone client as usual :) You will not be forced to use Steam (only if you prefer it). As I said, Steam is just an additional platform where the game will be available.
    As for this forum, it won't be closed, and our team (mods and GMs) will still be here :)

I can't give you an exact date yet, but it won't be that long from now :) will keep you updated!
  • Lady Sky wrote:

Does that mean that there will be no international server, joining all communities via steam? I heard some rumors that there might be one and thus I wanted to check...
  • I'm glad that we'll get more players and all but I still feel like alot has to be changed before we open the flood gates, like ghost said, our community is toxic and Channel 1 arena is not even fun anymore, you cant go there for a casual PvP, only to face your enemies with full buffs and no-fun (Current armour pieces are also too weak to withstand attacks from users with every single buff, players should really only be able to use their own buffs).
    Or maybe different arena modes / arena for each level group, not to blame archers in particular but ever since Sin got that over powered (not even an exaggeration as we joke about it, literally insane) skill that *Ignores* about 30% of your defences and increase crit dmg etc, it has become really abused, its a nice strong skill and I don't mind putting up with it in a 1v1 PvP, but when someone has wkb triple hb and every attack amplifier in the book, a death cannot be avoided.
    Personally I love PvP and would like to see new modes for it, such as the one that Elsword has where you can register from wherever you are and a match will be started as soon as it finds another opponent close to your level or streak or ranking thats also registered.
    Like said before level based arena's, so people such as level [20-39] [40-59] [60-79] [90-99] can fight equally and fairly without having to be bullied by higher levels when wanting to PvP people near their own levels.
    Maybe even a system based tournament, like Arena Of Talents only its 1v1 and the winner goes on to the next round & fights the next challenger till 1 user is victorious.
    Things like tournaments and even AoT would be more active if you didn't have to go to a specific area to do them, allowing users to register from a menu anywhere they are in Channel 1 general maps would be great.
  • NarutoDreams wrote:

Haha,as a player i would hope for a better future in case i still have a flame of enjoy for this game,if not hope im negative and say ehhhh let it die...Lets just hope better be positive.Also i got that u all have ur own normal lifes or own lifes we all do but atleast afk there i dont get whats bad in afking in vilage, we dont eat GMs at all or host a Cuby raid a day or 1 at a year wont take a year to make it at all players will apreciate that atleast see GMs give a s*** about us, tho i dont wanna be rude or sth , but im no the only one would like to see u guys near us atleast afk idm.. but i didnt saw any of us for months .I'm sorry in case u feel like im rude or sth , but im just have some enjoyment on this game still, untill it will die, i just think there can be some ways can make people nosmall, prices can be change,there can be Prices % OFF of nosmall not just at damn roulette ,some people just use roulette so they increast up the damn Nos$ rate , the rate will go damn 200:1k lets see who will join that kind of game,and if GF does that please tell em its a damn idiot idea to add PRICES OFF % or double spin or anything that doesnt help the game just make it worse , no nosmallers that use it just buy items ,idk maybe im wrong but thats wat it happend last few years, from 1:30-40 to damn 1:75-80,so its not good soon will be 100k wat people will do ?? Quit ;) the 1:60 price used to be kinda not bad at all but since they increast more and more is not kinda nice.Sorry again maybe im wrong but thats wat i see.
    Lockheed and me used to do a lot of GM raids some months back. In the end it became a headache for us as people were always unhappy - asking for more and more raids or even demanding raids(in a bad way) to be hosted. It is not within our duties to host any raid at all so basically we were doing it out of our own free will and courtesy.
    Before start blaming try to ask if the community did something wrong towards us that would result in stopping the raids.

Loluh wrote:

I find the main problem being game moderators getting power trips and banning players for no reason. We would still be fairly active if this didn't happen. But what can you do when all the gms are also in game players, of course there's bound to be unfairness.
    Also how hard it is to make gold in this game, grinding for months 10+ hours a day and then to have it all wasted because of getting unlucky.
    How about you start following and respecting the rules instead of thinking your ban was a conspiracy theory out of some movie?
  • I don't like to be that guy but i guess someone have to tell you guys to don't get your hopes too high or have huge expectation when the big day finally comes,games joining steam is something common and not all of them are succesfull,for once people may not like our graphics (shocker) and may think that we are some Maplestory copy and won't even give a try,some may join and quit after cringy quests/lore/prices and our toxic community,therefore even if some good chunk of players will join us,there will be just a few that will stay.Also just like ghosty said old things either get renewed or die,but there are some bugs that are very old,and we never know when they are gonna be fixed or if they will ever get fixed.Maybe there are some people that look for something different or just some silly game.But don't expect a new players era.
    Also,for the love of god,please don't use that garbage nostale trailer with the kids cheering as our oppening trailer if you want for people to acttualy play.

Use the old nostale trailer or no trailer at all but not that,everything but that,for whoever is in charge for our game presentation.
    ~All the things she said ~
    ~All the things she said~

The post was edited 2 times, last by Pinkamena ().

• i've been thinking to sugest to the gms something lately but now that steam is coming this is a MUST
    Our nos$ rate increasedseller so bad in price lately fron 1:60-65 to more than 1:80,there were no fairy boosters in baxar and when there appeared some they were on a 1:100 rate
    If even the base use items are expensive (boas etc) how will the low levels(now including the newcoming steam guys) level?500k for a boa?that's not worth for a low level who is struggling to pay 1mil for sp3 quest
    So i'm suggesting you IF YOU DONT WANT US AND OUR SERVER to get rekted and become the new spanish server with 1:200+ nosrate(1.2mil boa) to do one/some small mini events EASY for everyone,like some questions and answer with not important price but decent amount and SELLABLE items
    For example :5x boas,5x fairy boosters,99x woas (or lets call them angel's feather?),88x huge pots,stuff like thata BUT SELLABLE so nosbazar price cap drop back to a normal price and poor people can afford them (and even make money by selling)
    I repeat,sellable rewards,not 517366319 mil worth items but small items/amounts like that...considering 100x players would probably be part of this(ofc allowed with just 1 acc) 5x boas to every1 gonna be 5 stacks,they get sold in max 2days usually or even 1 and more people listing them-more downprice-lower price-better economy
    Its a win-to-win for both buyer and seller and its not really hard to spend 1 hour on puting some questions,harder part is to check answers and to give the rewards(u might be able to do a trick ,open a new map on a ch,inside this map put 2 portals one meaning yes and one meaning now,ask "act 4 has more than 1 time space stone missions",whoever goes on yes portal will be in a new map,same for no so u have winner team and losing team,you can just reward the ones from right answer map and then summon both maps To the original event map with the 2 portals (ofc no portals in yes/no map)
    Yes you guys are busy you cant host raids/make events but for real,when was the last mini event?the players want/need this and one is really needed when there will apprar new players so they can have some start money and dont give up after not even 1week...and as i said,they nees better priced items not 500k boas or 500k blue scroll for trying to +3 a sp which fails already enough(even +1 fails too much...)
    This is just for the good of our server so please take this in consideration
  • sorry for tippo mistakes i'm on phone and its 2:35 AM
    Edit:also there is NO GOOD WAY of making money under level 80 or evenet 90
    Do what?jelly raid for a 20k eq?10k divine glove?oh wow, ya flame glove 100k,what are the chances to get one.everytime?also seals being100k+...ginseng raid?i cant even remember what does it give...some eq?eq which u have to change in 1 day because of the xp u get from quests and u are leveling...dark castra raid?ok decent raid with not usefull rewards ,spider raid?i need to full pot even with champ eq(i have to admit i "solo" my way there but if i dont do it the others will just die and etc,they dont even know the buttons,had to do buttons today in a ginseng raid and wait for 2 people who were left WAY behing and tank for thema while others went inside boss and finished raid before we managed to enter inside)
    Only good way was ibra raid 80+ raid where people want only 85+ or90+ and just archers but now guess what,yertirand raid giving 83-85 act 5.1 eq and making themnotebook 50k from 1m+,gold coins are trash now...ibrahim bag would probably be worth now 100-150k max from old 250-300 and you have to admit you use 5+ full pots (125k)if you are not a 93+ r7 armour war
    I was hosting before rarely ibra and i was spam asked how, many am i doing,will you do more?can you call me if u do more?thanks very much (even if it was just 1 raid sometimes)
    What i am trying to say is that when steam thing is launched 1-2 weeks later we need to have an mini event(to have,not totu announce that after 1 more it will hapen) or they end up being a lv 60 trying to find a fam for lod while having 40 eq and no money for sader/wk quest or strength to do quest...
    And dont forget res cost for lod,boa ofc,lurer needs to have a mount or he is gonna spam pots,oh also they probably gonna use a lv 30 chicken pet and a 50 kliff with lv 35 eq,so good vs 75 reb who does more than 2k damage and DONT EVEN MENTION the word pet dolls when they are 2.5k ea and pets will spamdie more than my 90 arm kliff with res does in act 6

The post was edited 2 times, last by FireBow ().