Can't Patch Nostale - ''Can not connect to patch server''

• Can't Patch Nostale - ''Can not connect to patch server''

So Hi, I newly reinstalled Nostale for a couple of years of not playing, and for some reason it can't seem to want to Patch the game.

When I lauch the Launcher it says ''Checking the update information'' then immediately after it says ''Can not connect to patch server''.

So I tried alot of stuff, i browsed the forums and tried every single thing said there, like;
      - Running the game in Admininstrator mode
      - Clearing my IE cache (and every other browsers)
      - Changing the compatibility to older Windows version
      - Adding Nostale to the Firewall exceptions
      - Deactivating my firewall
      - Trying to run in other compatibility versions

EDIT:
      - Uninstalled with REVO Uninstaller
      - Reinstalled Nostale with REVO Uninstaller
      - Clearing IE, Chrome and Edge Cache
      - Checked the Antivirus, nothing there
      - Tried on another PC (Laptop) in the same room, Does not work still.

EDIT2:
      - Tried on another PC (Laptop) through my cellphone's mobile Wifi Hotspot, and it works, patches like a charm. But when launched again, does not work.

I tried reinstalling countless times, still nothing, I also tried installing Nostale throught the GameForge Live client, and as always, still nothing.

Sometimes when I spam open it It sometimes works for a brief period of times, then do 1-3 small patches then goes back to ''Can not connect to patch server'', by openning it alot of times I was able to finish the patches and lauch the game once, but if I close it and reopen it it does the same thing, ''Can not connect to patch server''.

The specs of my PC if needed are:

Windows 10 Home (64bits)
      Intel Core i7-4790K 4.00GHz
      24GB of DDR3 Ram
      Plenty of HDD and SSD space (5TB)
      MSI Gaming NVIDIA 980, 4GB Video Card

And nothing here works, so I'm turning here to see if someone can hopefully help me with this wierd problem, which has never happened to me before.
      Thank you.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Krunik ().

• Hi Krunik,

I would advice you uninstall Nostake again using a program called "Revo uninstaller". It runs the normal uninstaller of the game and then searches for any left files and entrys. You already had Nostale running so I don't think it is about Hardware issues. You might still have some old files, registry-entrys or similar that aren't working anymore.

I assume your internet connection is fine. Did you change your Anti-Virus since back then? It might block the game trying to patch. You have Windows 10 so don't forget to clean the cache of the new IE (Edge) too, it has both!

That's all I can think of right now. Since when do you have that issue?
    • So, I uninstalled it from ''Revo Uninstaller'' and also I went back to my other browsers and cleaned them, I checked my Anti-Virus, and nothing.

I just reinstalled it, So it's been like a week since i've had this issue.

It did a couple of patches, like before, then went back to ''Can not connect to patch server''.

Pictures attached if needed, I really don't know why it's doing that.
      Files
      • revo 1.PNG

(34.86 kB, downloaded 2 times, last: )
      • revo 2.PNG

(15.9 kB, downloaded 2 times, last: )
      • revo 3.PNG

(465.41 kB, downloaded 4 times, last: )
      • ME EDGEE.png

(989.18 kB, downloaded 2 times, last: )
      • IE.PNG

(62.01 kB, downloaded 3 times, last: )
    • On Revo: Did you click on "Delete" before 'next' and 'finish'? That's the most important part^^

Do you use any sort of Proxy? Do you have issues with Adware/Spyware or similar (they can change Proxy settings)?
      I sadly can't find the Firewall-settings, else we coudl test around which IPs and Ports Nostale needs to be accessible...
    • I've tried it over and over again, and Yes I do ''Delete'' before next, I've also tried reinstalling with REVO, nothing changes.

Sometime when I try to reinstall it says: ''Download failed: The connection with the server was reset''

I even tried to download it on my Laptop (another PC) I have and it doesn't even work there either, so I'm thinking maybe it's not a PC problem and maybe it's getting blocked by somewhere.

But no, I don't use any proxy, also my PC is clean, no viruses and such.
    • Indeed that doesn't sound like an issue with your PC.

I really don't want to offend you in any way but that's one thing I can think of: Are there any settings (normally for children) on your Router that were made and that belong to you?
      If not: Where are you from (just the country)? Does your country block any IPs or limit the access to some websites/servers?
      If not: The last thing I can think of is that you should first of all make a ticket to GameForge, the technicians there should provide you with some things you could try out. And the last way is asking your internet provider (but they probably want to know the IP and Port of Nostales Patch Server so make sure to ask for that when you get help from GameForge).

Unfortunately, I am out of ideas now :(
    • Not many advises left for me to give you but let's see...

Usually this problem fixes itself after some time, as to why it happens I would say some kind of a weird connection issue between you and the server.
      Did you try to restart your router a few times?
      Closing and opening the client several times might also do the trick.

PS: Do not use a proxy.
    • Thank you very much for your help guys, btw.

Tician wrote:

Indeed that doesn't sound like an issue with your PC.

I really don't want to offend you in any way but that's one thing I can think of: Are there any settings (normally for children) on your Router that were made and that belong to you?
      If not: Where are you from (just the country)? Does your country block any IPs or limit the access to some websites/servers?
      If not: The last thing I can think of is that you should first of all make a ticket to GameForge, the technicians there should provide you with some things you could try out. And the last way is asking your internet provider (but they probably want to know the IP and Port of Nostales Patch Server so make sure to ask for that when you get help from GameForge).

Unfortunately, I am out of ideas now :(
      There isn't any changes made to my Router. Secondly I am from Canada, Quebec, and I don't think my country blocks any Ips, I was playing Nostale just fine couple of years ago.
      And I will go ahead and make a Ticket to GameForge, Hopefully it will work.

Little update, I've went on my laptop and went throught my Phone's Wifi Outpost to update Nostale, it went wonderfully and everything worked, It seems there is something blocking my connection from patching and only patching because once the game is launched I can play fine, it's just that the patcher doesn't want to patch for some reason.

Morgoth wrote:

Not many advises left for me to give you but let's see...

Usually this problem fixes itself after some time, as to why it happens I would say some kind of a weird connection issue between you and the server.
      Did you try to restart your router a few times?
      Closing and opening the client several times might also do the trick.

PS: Do not use a proxy.
      Hi, thank you alot for your help, it's really wierd, and I've already been trying for a whole week I'd say, and It really seems like it is a wierd connection issue.
      I've tried restarting my router and the client so many times, it doesn't change anything sadly.

I'm also not using a proxy just went and check again, I've added a pic.

Let's just hope I can get help from GameForge, I've sent my ticket, and thank you a lot for your help.

And if you guys find anything else, feel free to tell me.
      Files
      • proxy.PNG

(29.04 kB, downloaded 3 times, last: )

The post was edited 1 time, last by Krunik ().

• I am not sure, but maybe your ip is banned?
      In german nos, you get an IP bann for 24 hours if you enter your password wrong too often. You can avoid this 24h bann by starting/patching/logging in (but don't choose an character yet) Nostale via mobile Data and then changing to your normal wifi.
      Did you receive any banns? Maybe theres the key :O
    • Kovalsky wrote:

In german nos, you get an IP bann for 24 hours if you enter your password wrong too often.
      That's something every version has implemented, but it can be recognized by id/password's disappearance after trying to login. It sounds like there's some sort of routing issue with the provider that might solve itself after some time hopefully though.

When you're sad and no one knows it,
      I'll send you Black Roses...
    • Krunik wrote:

Little update, I've went on my laptop and went throught my Phone's Wifi Outpost to update Nostale, it went wonderfully and everything worked, It seems there is something blocking my connection from patching and only patching because once the game is launched I can play fine, it's just that the patcher doesn't want to patch for some reason.
      If you have the updated version in your laptop can you transfer the files to your computer? That should work, logically.
    • Hello, and once again thanks for the replies.

Kovalsky wrote:

I am not sure, but maybe your ip is banned?
      In german nos, you get an IP bann for 24 hours if you enter your password wrong too often. You can avoid this 24h bann by starting/patching/logging in (but don't choose an character yet) Nostale via mobile Data and then changing to your normal wifi.
      Did you receive any banns? Maybe theres the key :O

I haven't been banned, and it's not a problem on the log-in side, it's more like a problem with connecting to the patching server, so it's right when I open the patcher that the issue happens.

Bittersweet wrote:

Kovalsky wrote:

In german nos, you get an IP bann for 24 hours if you enter your password wrong too often.
      That's something every version has implemented, but it can be recognized by id/password's disappearance after trying to login. It sounds like there's some sort of routing issue with the provider that might solve itself after some time hopefully though.

It does sound like that, hopefully it solves itself, I've checked everywhere even on other games forums to see if similar problems happened but none of the fix works.

Morgoth wrote:

Krunik wrote:

If you have the updated version in your laptop can you transfer the files to your computer? That should work, logically.
      Hmm the updated worked but when launching nostale it still needs to verify the files, and even that doesn't work, so even if I have a patched up game, It needs to go through the patcher to launch the game, I tried launching it again on my laptop with my home internet and it doesn't work it says the same stuff, I really need to launch with my Mobile Internet, then switch on the my home one for it to work.
    • bump

So alot happened, I contacted the Nostale Support and I've contacted my internet provider. We made some tests with my internet provider and tried couple of stuff, it does seem like my router is blocking something and that is making me not able to connect to the Nostale Patching Server, Althought we tried again without the router, plugged straight trought the Internet Modem and it worked.

I don't know what to do, I've tried to allow the port but I'm unable to, if someone knows why please tell me how.

And if you guys might know of another way to make this work, it would be quite helpful, thanks alot.
      Files
      • nossup.PNG

(58.85 kB, downloaded 7 times, last: )