Pinned [AEC] Annual East-Mile Championship [Poll]

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [AEC] Annual East-Mile Championship [Poll]

Hello everyone!

After a specific thread suggestion that was posted a few months ago in our forum: PvP Tournament we thought to slowly organize this for our server!
      What I want from all of you is to vote in our poll if you think that this is a good idea and if you would actually participate.

A few things you need to know before voting.
      1) For each person that wants to participate and registers there will be a gold fee. (The most basic reason for this fee is to make the reward more attractive for the winners)
      2) You have 3 choices, "Yes" , "No" and "Maybe".
      • "Yes" indicates "I like the idea and I will participate if this actually happens."
      • "No" indicates "I don't like this idea and I will not participate if this actually happens."
      • "Maybe" indicates "I have mixed feelings but I may possibly participate."
      3) Consider your vote seriously as this is important.
      4) You can choose only 1 option but you can change your vote if you change your mind.
      5) You have about 2 months until the vote ends.

This is the first step to see how many people are interested in this event.

PS: You are also free to post any feedback/suggestions/questions.

Big credits to: French Server Tournament (LCN) for inspiring us with this event.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Morgoth ().

• hello

voted YES, it should be nice to have some organized action here but got some questions ;)

1, what about timezones? (we know there are a lot of ppl from diff timezones so we probably need more time to play pvp - gonna be hard for GM to watch ppl follow the rules every pvp....nos.fr, cz, de etc. got majority comminity from same timezone)

2) pls dont forget every1 got 8 SP cards (or we will see only pvps with warriors, scouts and volcanos? hope not :))

3) how many ppl need to run this tournament? (a lot of ppl dont have forum account to do votes)

4) pay for entry? yes (its nice, nos.cz got rewards like kertos boots, vala gloves, all 95/96 parchments from pvp tournament like 2 years ago)

5) place for pvp? (should be nice to do pvp in 1 circle...who leaves circle automatically lost...not to run around whole arena like archer like doing)

gl with tournament :thumbup:

:: ranger 0+0 :: destroyer 99+15 :: assassin 99+15 :: wild keeper 99+15 ::
      :: scout 99+15 :: cannon 99+15 :: demon hunter 99+15 :: aven angel 99+15 ::
    • Hello

I've also voted ''Yes''.

As someone who mains the mage class, i know this is going to be difficult for me(Specially fighting SPs that removes mana T_T).
      But meh, as long as it's fun I'm in hehe.

@fatte,

1) I think maybe they would choose same timers as caligor raid cause those are the times i see loads of people online (or idk)

2) ^ agreed

3) If GMs/Players inform about it in-game im pretty sure loads of ppl gonna rush to forum to vote (specially since it includes prize :l)

4) Idk about this. Depends on amount of gold you reqruit to join! (I'd pass if its 5-10mil ish :/)

5) Wouldn't Place like AoT be nice? or somewhere like Cat's Room? (thats pretty small or idk kek)

Look before you leap,
      It is a long lane that has no turning,
      Fools rush in where angels fear to tread.
    • 1) Most likely we will go with European times, for good or bad this is UK server. But we will try to have decent times for everyone if possible.
      Everyone who register in this event will have to appear in the agreed times otherwise he/she will be disqualified.

2) I am aware of that, most likely for the high level category there will be a rule to prevent this, I do want this to be unique not boring.

3) We will make a few speakers in game to make everyone aware of this event, other than that there is no limit the more the better.

4) We will try to make some decent money fee but also still make it a nice reward for the winners.

5) Whatever we decide the room will have a normal size, whoever step out of the borders he/she will lose the fight.
    • I don't know why people cry about timezones,this is UK server not Global so UK timezone should be,besides you can't please everybody if the vast majority play at different times.
      No reason to ban cards,but what about the pvp selection of the opponent,it would be random ? it would be same class vs same class ? i feel like you forget to answer to this.
      Simply speakering ingame is enough to gather people.
      About pay for entry,i dont know about this,i mean why we nee this if this is organized by Nostale Stuff and not some random players,making the reward more attractive for the winner is not even a viable reason.Im not greedy but this really is not needed.
      The borders should have a normal lenght not too long but not too small either so the swordies can have an extra advantage(like they don't have enough already.)
      Also i cant help but notice how only 54% of people voted yes for the tournament while 25% voted maybe and 21% voted no,it dosent seem to much hype for this tournament.
      Say what you feel,it's not being rude.It's being real.
    • Turtle wrote:

I don't know why people cry about timezones,this is UK server not Global so UK timezone should be,besides you can't please everybody if the vast majority play at different times.
      No reason to ban cards,but what about the pvp selection of the opponent,it would be random ? it would be same class vs same class ? i feel like you forget to answer to this.
      About pay for entry,i dont know about this,i mean why we nee this if this is organized by Nostale Stuff and not some random players,making the reward more attractive for the winner is not even a viable reason.Im not greedy but this really is not needed.
      The borders should have a normal lenght not too long but not too small either so the swordies can have an extra advantage(like they don't have enough already.)
      Also i cant help but notice how only 54% of people voted yes for the tournament while 25% voted maybe and 21% voted no,it dosent seem to much hype for this tournament.

I kinda disagree with you in some points.
      1) I believe entering fee is reasonable,if the price is not too big. The point is, more money = better reward. Idk if Staff could buy reward from their own money. ( I was always wondering...have you ever seen GM farming :phatgrin: )
      2) I certainly hope it wont be just class vs same class. Bcs if swordie with op war enters, he is almost sure to win. But mage with op sp or archer with ranger, actually could beat him. Not talking about attractiveness. Simple swordie vs swordie, Archer vs archer, mage vs mage would be boring.
      That brings me question into my mind - Will we be able to spectate those matches? I certainly hope yes. Even if i lost already, i would like to see rest of matches. No need to talk about finals.
      3) Trust me, when i say, swordies are practically most abandoned class. Look at events. You can find there archers and mages, but swordies barely. Exception is Snowman´s raid, when pajamas are needed. Besides, archers 90+ are the ones, who deal that crazy dmg ( some people call it bug, idk honestly.). Only sp, that might cause some trouble for archers, is war, but for ranger/dh it shouldnt be problem. As swordie i can say, i HATE war - this sp was barely nerfed - morale wasnt nerfed at all. This sp constantly ruins pvp. Unles its war vs war. But even then pvp is kinda weird. And in many 90+ raids are prefered archers. So please - you archers have better dmg, better acceptance to raids, so stop complaining about swordie´s advantage, when there is NONE.

4) I havent vote yet. I am somewhere between maybe and not. Since idk how much time i will have. And i dont want to embarass myself in 1st round. Besides, this whole tournament does not make me excited at all. Yes, its nice to have something like that in our server, but that´s all. No big deal about it. It´s so simple to ignore this "event".
    • Naerys wrote:

Turtle wrote:

I don't know why people cry about timezones,this is UK server not Global so UK timezone should be,besides you can't please everybody if the vast majority play at different times.

I kinda disagree with you in some points.
      1) I believe entering fee is reasonable,if the price is not too big. The point is, more money = better reward. Idk if Staff could buy reward from their own money. ( I was always wondering...have you ever seen GM farming :phatgrin: )
      2) I certainly hope it wont be just class vs same class. Bcs if swordie with op war enters, he is almost sure to win. But mage with op sp or archer with ranger, actually could beat him. Not talking about attractiveness. Simple swordie vs swordie, Archer vs archer, mage vs mage would be boring.
      That brings me question into my mind - Will we be able to spectate those matches? I certainly hope yes. Even if i lost already, i would like to see rest of matches. No need to talk about finals.
      3) Trust me, when i say, swordies are practically most abandoned class. Look at events. You can find there archers and mages, but swordies barely. Exception is Snowman´s raid, when pajamas are needed. Besides, archers 90+ are the ones, who deal that crazy dmg ( some people call it bug, idk honestly.). Only sp, that might cause some trouble for archers, is war, but for ranger/dh it shouldnt be problem. As swordie i can say, i HATE war - this sp was barely nerfed - morale wasnt nerfed at all. This sp constantly ruins pvp. Unles its war vs war. But even then pvp is kinda weird. And in many 90+ raids are prefered archers. So please - you archers have better dmg, better acceptance to raids, so stop complaining about swordie´s advantage, when there is NONE.

4) I havent vote yet. I am somewhere between maybe and not. Since idk how much time i will have. And i dont want to embarass myself in 1st round. Besides, this whole tournament does not make me excited at all. Yes, its nice to have something like that in our server, but that´s all. No big deal about it. It´s so simple to ignore this "event".
      1) What do you mean ? the reward is ingame item or gold and any gm dosent have a problem generating that.
      2) I don't like this ideea either because its too boring just like you said,thats why i asked if this is gonna happen since we didnt get a response at this question in pvp tournament thread.
      3) Debatable,but we are talking about the arena where the matches will be host,the arena shall provide equal chances for each class.
      4) Because alot of people (you inclusive and dont lie ^^ ) are crying of how boring the game is and how there isnt much game events.
      This type of event is new.Nostale UK never had an event like this and was made from players request so people can enjoy new and entartaining content and finally when the project is allowed im dissapointed to see only 54% of the users wanting this event,even if it would be a fail atleast its something.
    • - The fee is here for more reasons, I just mentioned the most basic one. Besides you have more than enough time to gather the money.

- Most likely on low tiers the PvPs will be class specific and then on semi final - final we will have the best of each class fighting for the 3 positions.

- On high level categories (As I am sure majority have more than 3 good SP cards) there will be a rule to prevent them from keep using the same card for all the fights.

- The poll hardly closed a week since I opened it, be patient we have 2 months until the vote end and forums are not very active.

- The rewards are something undecided yet same as with everything we only have some general idea of what to do, if we see high interest we will actually host this event but if it's just 10 users then we might not.

- We are working on the whole spectate thing. The current idea on the table is that we make a stream about it. (The arena place will be closed for everyone but the participators)

- Archers complain about swordsmen and swordsmen about archers I think this thing needs to stop and we all can just accept that each class has advantages and disadvantages.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Morgoth ().

• Just to add my tuppence to something that was asked but hasn't been addressed;

Regarding timezone - Yes we're aware that we don't all share the same timezone, best efforts will be made to ensure that the maximum amount of interested players can take part but clearly we won't be able to take into account every timezone as the team will need to sleep at some point.

As such it's highly likely that the event will take place at the weekend or later in the evening when more people are generally online. The date will be made known well in advance along with the time so you'll all have plenty of time to prepare and make sure you're available.
    • I don't mind the fee,i just think its usseles and aslong as the fee is acceptable and not 10 mil like the curent quest of Midgard request you to do pay i have no problem.There are also lv 90- who wanna participate and dont play all day.
    • Turtle wrote:

I don't mind the fee,i just think its usseles and aslong as the fee is acceptable and not 10 mil like the curent quest of Midgard request you to do pay i have no problem.There are also lv 90- who wanna participate and dont play all day.

Well, for that quest blame Entwell, not our staff.

To Morgoth: Sounds good, and its probably easiest for you,guys :) :thumbsup:
    • Naerys wrote:

Turtle wrote:

I don't mind the fee,i just think its usseles and aslong as the fee is acceptable and not 10 mil like the curent quest of Midgard request you to do pay i have no problem.There are also lv 90- who wanna participate and dont play all day.

Well, for that quest blame Entwell, not our staff.

To Morgoth: Sounds good, and its probably easiest for you,guys :) :thumbsup:
      For a 30 day costume and hat,10 mil its extremly much,whortless to say the effects are half usseles.
      The fee shall be acceptable.
    • Lockheed wrote:

Just to add my tuppence to something that was asked but hasn't been addressed;

Regarding timezone - Yes we're aware that we don't all share the same timezone, best efforts will be made to ensure that the maximum amount of interested players can take part but clearly we won't be able to take into account every timezone as the team will need to sleep at some point.

As such it's highly likely that the event will take place at the weekend or later in the evening when more people are generally online. The date will be made known well in advance along with the time so you'll all have plenty of time to prepare and make sure you're available.
      Based off my experience in Ace Online which was a full 100% pvp game. Pvp events work out better if brackets and match making is set prior to the event- meaning players pre-register for participation in the event. I know it may seem unfair but here are some of the reasons:

• staffing - it allows the staff team to know how many they need on to coordinate and lead the event
      • timing - if matches are pre-matched you can allowed people to know approx. when they will have to pvp based on the match ups made. there are other ways to do this such as well such as tay's time pvp timestone.
      • community - encourages people to actually pay attention to forums. remember during xmas event there was a forum event for a daily reward? activity shot up like 300%. i'm not saying this is a perm solution to a more active forum but its a step.
      • rewards - along the same ideas of gold fee, pre-registering encourages people to join since they know there is a cut off date to when you'll be able to participate. furthermore, if they see only players of a certain level bracket interested in event rewards can be adjusted.

Also a slight idea as a reward to lower level player brackets:
      Maybe a portion of the gold taken from registering can be given to them as rewards? Im pretty sure gms can make gold magically appear though :p
    • @Ari - I'm pretty sure that's the idea that Morgoth's currently working with as a plan. If you look at the French forum for their competition (linked at the start of the post) then that's how they run it. It certainly isn't going to be a "turn up on the day if you feel like it"
    • I voted maybe.
      I am interested to watch, but... to participate is probably no.
      I am not a good pvper myself. Furthermore I am full ele build with pve shelled equipment. I would not make any chance against many people.
      Perhaps if a round with ' fun' sps (pirate, jajamaru, pajama, chicken) would be hosted, I would participate.
    • Galaco wrote:

I voted maybe.
      I am interested to watch, but... to participate is probably no.
      I am not a good pvper myself. Furthermore I am full ele build with pve shelled equipment. I would not make any chance against many people.
      Perhaps if a round with ' fun' sps (pirate, jajamaru, pajama, chicken) would be hosted, I would participate.
      Don't be so modest,you are an awesome pvper.