/!\ Spoilers /!\ All Future News About Nostale /!\ Spoilers /!\

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Kaile wrote:

      Lou wrote:

      @Lady Sky Server mergers have been made. Will the next project be to improve the balance between classes? I mean SP cards
      Server merges have been made? For other servers, yes. For us, no.For myself (and, I'm sure, many others) a class balance is not considered even close to a priority.
      No. Class balancing should be the #1 priority.
      We have too many SP's that are very situational / weak in comparison to others.
      Heck, Berserker for example is only ever used for the Incap and Armor Break debuff. If you have a Sick Bushi or a Cuby, Berserker is gonna be totally useless.
      That's just 1 example
    • TheRealDeepStriker wrote:

      No. Class balancing should be the #1 priority.We have too many SP's that are very situational / weak in comparison to others.
      Heck, Berserker for example is only ever used for the Incap and Armor Break debuff. If you have a Sick Bushi or a Cuby, Berserker is gonna be totally useless.
      That's just 1 example
      I don't want to derail this thread and turn it into another merge rant, which would be pointless and would contribute little towards the thread.

      Indeed, we have some class imbalances. And these imbalances have existed for some time now. Archer does have an advantage, both in PvE and PvP, and a rebalance over the long-term would be fine.
      Your bias for this is clearly visible - your favourite SP being a limited-use one (if you accept your assumption that all players use either Cuby or Sick Bushtail, which isn't the case) - it's easy to see why you would want it changed. Every class has 'limited-use' SPs (though as I said before, Archer has far fewer of such SPs than the other classes).

      But now let me ask you: What use is a balanced class system in an empty server?

      This doesn't apply so much to US, but more to UK. Nobody raids (except the occasional solo Act6/SPs). Arena and FC are consistently empty. You would get your newly-balanced Zerk to do what with? AFK?

      Whilst I know that continuously creating new threads to complain about the lack of a UK merge would get us no-where and that all we can do it wait for news. But you also need to understand how frustrating it can be to read of other players who are part of an active/newly merged server, to attempt to push focus from the possibility of future merges to their own priorities.
    • Kaile wrote:

      TheRealDeepStriker wrote:

      No. Class balancing should be the #1 priority.We have too many SP's that are very situational / weak in comparison to others.
      Heck, Berserker for example is only ever used for the Incap and Armor Break debuff. If you have a Sick Bushi or a Cuby, Berserker is gonna be totally useless.
      That's just 1 example
      I don't want to derail this thread and turn it into another merge rant, which would be pointless and would contribute little towards the thread.
      Indeed, we have some class imbalances. And these imbalances have existed for some time now. Archer does have an advantage, both in PvE and PvP, and a rebalance over the long-term would be fine.
      Your bias for this is clearly visible - your favourite SP being a limited-use one (if you accept your assumption that all players use either Cuby or Sick Bushtail, which isn't the case) - it's easy to see why you would want it changed. Every class has 'limited-use' SPs (though as I said before, Archer has far fewer of such SPs than the other classes).

      But now let me ask you: What use is a balanced class system in an empty server?

      This doesn't apply so much to US, but more to UK. Nobody raids (except the occasional solo Act6/SPs). Arena and FC are consistently empty. You would get your newly-balanced Zerk to do what with? AFK?

      Whilst I know that continuously creating new threads to complain about the lack of a UK merge would get us no-where and that all we can do it wait for news. But you also need to understand how frustrating it can be to read of other players who are part of an active/newly merged server, to attempt to push focus from the possibility of future merges to their own priorities.
      Don't get me wrong, I still play on UK and I know the frustrations of there not being any raids to do, however, world PvP in FC does still happen on weekends. (Gotta thank TYPING family for this one)

      Also, I am not biased, I just gave Berserker as an example because that's one of the more obvious ones. I could go on a rant saying how weak most Archer SP's are in comparison to Scout (I mean, if you have a Scout, why would you ever use anything else? Scout does everything any other archer SP can do, but better. Only exception I can think of is DH and WK). Same with Mages. Most Mage SP's are only ever used to provide buffs for raid parties (And 100% of the time that Holy/Red/Blue Mage/Dark Gunner is just an alt). Don't get me started on Swordies though (Cough, long animations, inability to keep up with Archers / Mages due to the fact that they have horrible gap closers, etc.)

      We know for a fact that we're getting a merge eventually. No need to worry about that.
      However there's still 0 information about class balancing. What about the servers that have been merged though? Y'know they gotta endure the fact that Scouts / Warriors / Monks / Dark Gunners / Seers are plaguing Arena and FC? It's not fun dude. We can't be selfish and just think about UK / US for now.
    • TheRealDeepStriker wrote:

      Don't get me wrong, I still play on UK and I know the frustrations of there not being any raids to do, however, world PvP in FC does still happen on weekends. (Gotta thank TYPING family for this one)
      Also, I am not biased, I just gave Berserker as an example because that's one of the more obvious ones. I could go on a rant saying how weak most Archer SP's are in comparison to Scout (I mean, if you have a Scout, why would you ever use anything else? Scout does everything any other archer SP can do, but better. Only exception I can think of is DH and WK). Same with Mages. Most Mage SP's are only ever used to provide buffs for raid parties (And 100% of the time that Holy/Red/Blue Mage/Dark Gunner is just an alt). Don't get me started on Swordies though (Cough, long animations, inability to keep up with Archers / Mages due to the fact that they have horrible gap closers, etc.)

      We know for a fact that we're getting a merge eventually. No need to worry about that.
      However there's still 0 information about class balancing. What about the servers that have been merged though? Y'know they gotta endure the fact that Scouts / Warriors / Monks / Dark Gunners / Seers are plaguing Arena and FC? It's not fun dude. We can't be selfish and just think about UK / US for now.
      As someone who does UK Caligor every weekend, describing UK PvP as 'active' is a huge over exaggeration. In reality, it's more like: small groups from up to 5 UK families go to Caligor each weekend. On average, 3 players (always the same players from the same family) go Scout to Ambush, attack anyone with low HP, then run back to their own side once the Ambush ends. Repeat every weekend. Only very recently has the 'PvP' (If you could call it that) extended outside of Caligor - purely due to the fact that this same family has also begun to attempt to kill low-levels (Alts) waiting to get into Caligor.
      Outside of the 30-minutes leading to Caligor, you could run around FC out of SP and be completely confident you'd meet nobody.

      I completely agree about most of your second points. Realistically, Archers have to use Scout, or lose to another Scout (Unless there was a considerable difference between each player's SP/Equipment). Mages have the most potential (by my opinion), but it's almost impossible to reach it as a first character, so they're used just for buffs. Swordsman... I'm torn, haha. I appreciate it's slow with long animations, and I would agree completely, the only part making me hesitate is remembering the many Monks using fakes (Though I admit, the effectiveness of fake will likely be far less now with so many using Champion equipment).

      We know for a fact that we're getting a merge eventually. No need to worry about that.
      We don't know that. There is nothing to say that we will for certain get a merge. "It is being considered" is about as close to 'confirmation' as we have got. There is no guarantee whatsoever that we will for certain get a merge.

      And as for, "what about them having to deal with Scouts, War, DG etc.". At least they are able to play. It may be toxic. It may be unfair or imbalanced. But they are still able to play as part of an active server.
      I never thought I would say it - but I even miss the old, toxic UK arena. I would be happy to go back to that. It's not ideal, of course, but it's manageable. Which is more than UK is at the moment.
    • just thought i'd throw my 2 cents in.


      TheRealDeepStriker wrote:

      No. Class balancing should be the #1 priority.
      i disagree with this, shouldn't be #1 but i also disagree with: "a class balance is not considered even close to a priority." it should certainly be a priority (*cough* especially over just adding new items to wheel so you can gamble on *cough*) but certainly not #1. i'll put it as #2 for now cus i cant think of something else more important.


      TheRealDeepStriker wrote:

      We have too many SP's that are very situational / weak in comparison to others.
      Heck, Berserker for example is only ever used for the Incap and Armor Break debuff. If you have a Sick Bushi or a Cuby, Berserker is gonna be totally useless.
      That's just 1 example
      and that is fine, we have 24 "main" sps. some of them needs to be situational so it can get used and fulfill a niche role. otherwise it will only come down to which sp has the better numbers and only that sp will be used.

      as for zerk specifically, i strongly disagree with your insinuation of it needing a buff. yes, it is used only for a certain role (aka debuffer), but that is good.. other sps will have a place to fulfill other roles. and no btw, these 2 pets does not remove zerk usefulness simply because armor break is guaranteed and certainly gives more dps increase over having only a % chance to get a debuff. also they take away a pet slot that can used otherwise in a different way (mainly just for a fibi tbh).


      Kaile wrote:

      But now let me ask you: What use is a balanced class system in an empty server?
      you've pretty much put the nail in the coffin with this statement.


      TheRealDeepStriker wrote:

      Most Mage SP's are only ever used to provide buffs for raid parties (And 100% of the time that Holy/Red/Blue Mage/Dark Gunner is just an alt).
      people are really sleeping on the potential of the "useless" mage sps. i got tired of repeating my points to all kind of different people about that only for them to just dismiss it with no counter argument, so i'm not gonna bother with that. (not saying you would do that deep sempai but im just tired of repeating myself so i cba to type lengthy explinations about it anymore).


      TheRealDeepStriker wrote:

      We can't be selfish and just think about UK / US for now.
      yes we can, this forum is literally for en version aka us/uk. we can't just be there like "oh so other servers dont have this problem anymore, do we'll just shut up"

      the only reason me (and maybe many others) don't bother as much (or at all) is because there is 0 communication, and you know whatever your feedback is.. it wont matter at all cus there is no one to take it.


      Kaile wrote:

      I never thought I would say it - but I even miss the old, toxic UK arena. I would be happy to go back to that. It's not ideal, of course, but it's manageable. Which is more than UK is at the moment.
      never thought i would agree to this one day but here we are. papa bless, those were the days. (loop+berg and smash some scrub archers face to the ground anyone?)
    • Gandalof wrote:

      and that is fine, we have 24 "main" sps. some of them needs to be situational so it can get used and fulfill a niche role. otherwise it will only come down to which sp has the better numbers and only that sp will be used.

      as for zerk specifically, i strongly disagree with your insinuation of it needing a buff. yes, it is used only for a certain role (aka debuffer), but that is good.. other sps will have a place to fulfill other roles. and no btw, these 2 pets does not remove zerk usefulness simply because armor break is guaranteed and certainly gives more dps increase over having only a % chance to get a debuff. also they take away a pet slot that can used otherwise in a different way (mainly just for a fibi tbh).
      Here's the thing man, I never said that every SP needs to be overpowered / broken. It's fine to have SP's that fulfill a niche role. And you are completely right, Scout being the ultimate example for that: Why would you ever use say a Ranger, CS, Assassin (Rip Asssassins btw), Destroyer or Avenging Angel when you have the Scout? (Please nerf scouts).

      However, the main reason why the Bersi' needs a buff is because other stuff can do what he does but they can do it even better. This will be a long post so bear with me please ;p
      • Berserk. +400 attack, -200 defense, 2 speed. After 40 seconds you get a 20% damage boost in PvP and 4 speed. Lasts 60 seconds. The problem with this buff is Wild Keeper can do the same, except it's on a whole different level. If you're level 99 (even if you aren't, the damage boost is HUGE), you gain 396 Attack from Wold Spirit and 2 speed, with NO DEFENSE PENALTY. Need I remind you that it's an AoE buff that lasts 4 minutes or so? Sure, that extra 4 speed from Berserk is good, but archers / mages can still outrun you without a problem, and usually you won't last 40 seconds+ to make use of that 20% damage.
      • Armor Break and Frenzy (Incap): They have a 35 and 32 second cooldown respectively. AB decreases defense levels by 5 while Frenzy reduces it to 0. Now here's the main problems with this. It's not 100%. You can still miss both skills VERY easily (Bosses can just teleport or run away while you're casting the skill). Cuby and Sick Bushi are way more consistent, Cuby applies it with a 50% chance on each and every attack. Just think about it. Sick Bushi on the other hand, sure it's not as good but you can render Berserkers useless if there's 3-4 of them in your team. And chances are, there will be, because everyone these days has one alt in the raid group and they usually never attack with it, so having a Fibi would make no sense / have no use for them.

      • Long skill animations. This is a re-occuring problem with swordie SPs, it's easy to fix it though, just make the animations 2 seconds faster and it's fine.


      Gandalof wrote:

      people are really sleeping on the potential of the "useless" mage sps. i got tired of repeating my points to all kind of different people about that only for them to just dismiss it with no counter argument, so i'm not gonna bother with that. (not saying you would do that deep sempai but im just tired of repeating myself so i cba to type lengthy explinations about it anymore).
      I've seen people pull crazy stuff with Blue Mage and Holy. I honestly think that if they just add a Mana Shield to Blue Mages, they are gonna be used all the time, even in PvP. As for Holy, people can just full-pot to 100% HP which kinda dismisses the role of having a healer, I really hope they're gonna do something about them (Increase the ammount they heal would be a good start imo). Also bring back Anti-Crit buff, pretty please :>

      Gandalof wrote:

      yes we can, this forum is literally for en version aka us/uk. we can't just be there like "oh so other servers dont have this problem anymore, do we'll just shut up"

      the only reason me (and maybe many others) don't bother as much (or at all) is because there is 0 communication, and you know whatever your feedback is.. it wont matter at all cus there is no one to take it.
      The reason why I cba / don't worry so much is because Gameforge is not that stupid. Sure they do a lot of mistakes, but I am certain they don't want to lose even more players *cough* payers, so I think we'll get the merge in the following months. But certainly, you are right and I kinda sounded like a Gameforge shill and I am sorry about that.

      Last but not least, BRING BACK OLD, RED ARENA PLOX <3

      Anyway, did anyone get the new pet yet? How good is it? (I mean what's his HP/Defense)
    • TheRealDeepStriker wrote:

      Here's the thing man, I never said that every SP needs to be overpowered / broken. It's fine to have SP's that fulfill a niche role. And you are completely right, Scout being the ultimate example for that: Why would you ever use say a Ranger, CS, Assassin (Rip Asssassins btw), Destroyer or Avenging Angel when you have the Scout? (Please nerf scouts).
      i agree on that. and to add more.. the whole archer class need a rework not just sps. fir example crits should be hard capped to a certain number cus %crit dmg numbers are a bit too ridiculous.


      TheRealDeepStriker wrote:

      However, the main reason why the Bersi' needs a buff is because other stuff can do what he does but they can do it even better. This will be a long post so bear with me please ;p


      Berserk. +400 attack, -200 defense, 2 speed. After 40 seconds you get a 20% damage boost in PvP and 4 speed. Lasts 60 seconds. The problem with this buff is Wild Keeper can do the same, except it's on a whole different level. If you're level 99 (even if you aren't, the damage boost is HUGE), you gain 396 Attack from Wold Spirit and 2 speed, with NO DEFENSE PENALTY. Need I remind you that it's an AoE buff that lasts 4 minutes or so? Sure, that extra 4 speed from Berserk is good, but archers / mages can still outrun you without a problem, and usually you won't last 40 seconds+ to make use of that 20% damage.

      Armor Break and Frenzy (Incap): They have a 35 and 32 second cooldown respectively. AB decreases defense levels by 5 while Frenzy reduces it to 0. Now here's the main problems with this. It's not 100%. You can still miss both skills VERY easily (Bosses can just teleport or run away while you're casting the skill). Cuby and Sick Bushi are way more consistent, Cuby applies it with a 50% chance on each and every attack. Just think about it. Sick Bushi on the other hand, sure it's not as good but you can render Berserkers useless if there's 3-4 of them in your team. And chances are, there will be, because everyone these days has one alt in the raid group and they usually never attack with it, so having a Fibi would make no sense / have no use for them.
      berserk: you're comparing oranges to apples here. and since as mentioned that wkb is aoe, that's part of the reason why you shouldn't compare.

      Armor Break and Frenzy (Incap): ok i didnt know it was 50% cus never had or seen that pet.. sheesh. missing armor break can happen, this is THE one skill i really really think must have faster animation. but with that being said, if miss it a lot you just need to git gud.

      TheRealDeepStriker wrote:

      Long skill animations. This is a re-occuring problem with swordie SPs, it's easy to fix it though, just make the animations 2 seconds faster and it's fine.
      honestly besides armor break as i mentioned earlier im fine with skills having windups or somewhat long animation. i just wish that movement was not locked in any of those skills.

      so you wont be able to cast bunch of skills the same time but u also wont be like 10 miles away from your enemy when u finish your skill as u would be able to move.


      TheRealDeepStriker wrote:

      I've seen people pull crazy stuff with Blue Mage and Holy. I honestly think that if they just add a Mana Shield to Blue Mages, they are gonna be used all the time, even in PvP. As for Holy, people can just full-pot to 100% HP which kinda dismisses the role of having a healer, I really hope they're gonna do something about them (Increase the ammount they heal would be a good start imo). Also bring back Anti-Crit buff, pretty please :>
      well pvp wise i think the general opinion of people does have fair assessment of what's good or bad, in pve people are actually blind to how good the "weak" sps (especially rm) are

      TheRealDeepStriker wrote:

      The reason why I cba / don't worry so much is because Gameforge is not that stupid. Sure they do a lot of mistakes, but I am certain they don't want to lose even more players *cough* payers, so I think we'll get the merge in the following months. But certainly, you are right and I kinda sounded like a Gameforge shill and I am sorry about that.
      wanna make a bet? specify a date on those "in the following months" and i willing to bet something on it.

      also u didnt sound like a gf shill, i was just pointing out how just because an issue has been solved somewhere else, doesn't mean that we should stop talking about it.


      TheRealDeepStriker wrote:

      Last but not least, BRING BACK OLD, RED ARENA PLOX
      when merge happens imma hunt u boi, im gonna give u ptsd of the "good" (aka bad for u) ol days
    • Gandalof wrote:

      berserk: you're comparing oranges to apples here. and since as mentioned that wkb is aoe, that's part of the reason why you shouldn't compare.
      The only reason I compared it is to show how weak of a buff it actually is.. :(
      You basically get the same buff w/ Wolf Spirit but without the loss of defense.

      Gandalof wrote:

      when merge happens imma hunt u boi, im gonna give u ptsd of the "good" (aka bad for u) ol days
      pls harder daddy <3